Smoking a loin roast on gas grill.....suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HawksFan67

Assistant Cook
Today I'm going to try a smoked loin roast on my gas grill. It's 4.5lbs and already has a rub applied. Oven and other cooking methods are not an option today. It's "smoke time".

Any suggestions on time and temp for best results????

Thanks, Brian

Awesome!!!! Your in luck.

Let the roast come to room temp. Have a meat thermometer. Since it's already seasoned and ready to go.

Preheat the grill. I keep mine between 250-300.. Depending on size and cuts of meat.

Load up the spit. Place a pan underneath it to catch the drippings and let it go. Until the temp reaches 140 degrees. Let it rest and carve..

Here's a chart for grilling. Your charts towards the bottom.
Beef Cooking Times: Easy How-To Cooking Tips & Advice: RecipeTips.com

Good luck.
Munky.

Awesome....thanks for the info.....

It will be the first time using the spit. Got a new digital grill for Father's Day.

Can't wait to try it out.

Opps..... One more question Munky.

Do I use the burner for the rotisserie? Or do I use the regular bottom burners?

Thanks again, Brian

Are you referring to the back burner?

I never use that.. When I cook a roast on the gas burner I use indirect heat. Bottom burners. Only one side is used. The roasts never come out dry. They brown beautifully. Without burnt sides.

Try not to open the grill too often. Doing that it's letting the heat out. Then the grill has to get back up to temperature again. Learned that one the hard way..

Munky.

HawksFan,

Please disregard my post about the cooking times and temps. Recheck the chart for Pork Loin.

I'll admit it I blew it on this one...Assumed you were making Beef, and just caught my mistake.. I don't cook Pork that often. And need to fully wake up before I post..

My apologies.

Munky.

HawksFan,

Please disregard my post about the cooking times and temps. Recheck the chart for Pork Loin.

I'll admit it I blew it on this one...Assumed you were making Beef, and just caught my mistake.. I don't cook Pork that often. And need to fully wake up before I post..

My apologies.

Munky.

Posting while asleep...addict:ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom