Snip's Curried Pork Sausage and Cabbage Bake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
This is just a simple dish I've created using my favourite ingredients. Hope you all enjoy it :)

500 gr (1.1 lbs) of pork bangers or pork sausages of choice
3 carrots peeled and grated
1/2 a cabbage shredded
1 large onion finely sliced
4-5 leaves of swiss chard shredded (with stems)
2 tsps. of yellow curry powder or paste
1 tsp of sweet paprika
1 tsp of ground coriander
3 cloves of crushed garlic
Juice of 1 lemon (or 1 tbs of lemon juice)
2 cups of chicken stock (or 1 cube of chicken stock mixed with hot water)
Olive oil for frying
2 tsps. of cornstarch
Salt and crushed black pepper to taste

Sautee onion in olive oil till translucent, add garlic and all spices except salt and pepper. Sautee a few minutes more. Add shredded carrot, cabbage and chard. Sautee till wilted.
Grill sausages till browned on all sides (no need to cook all the way through at this point)
Spread sautéed vegetables evenly in a casserole dish, top with browned sausages. Pour over your chicken stock and lemon. Cover with lid or foil. Bake at 356 F or 180 C for about 40 mins or till veggies are soft. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed . Mix cornstarch with about 1/8 of a cup of cold water and mix well into the sausage dish. Bake about 10 - 15 minutes more till sauce has thickened.
Serve hot with mashed potato, rice or just some crusty fresh bread and butter.

This is just a simple dish I've created using my favourite ingredients. Hope you all enjoy it :)

500 gr (1.1 lbs) of pork bangers or pork sausages of choice
3 carrots peeled and grated
1/2 a cabbage shredded
1 large onion finely sliced
4-5 leaves of swiss chard shredded (with stems)
2 tsps. of yellow curry powder or paste
1 tsp of sweet paprika
1 tsp of ground coriander
3 cloves of crushed garlic
Juice of 1 lemon (or 1 tbs of lemon juice)
2 cups of chicken stock (or 1 cube of chicken stock mixed with hot water)
Olive oil for frying
2 tsps. of cornstarch
Salt and crushed black pepper to taste

Sautee onion in olive oil till translucent, add garlic and all spices except salt and pepper. Sautee a few minutes more. Add shredded carrot, cabbage and chard. Sautee till wilted.
Grill sausages till browned on all sides (no need to cook all the way through at this point)
Spread sautéed vegetables evenly in a casserole dish, top with browned sausages. Pour over your chicken stock and lemon. Cover with lid or foil. Bake at 356 F or 180 C for about 40 mins or till veggies are soft. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed . Mix cornstarch with about 1/8 of a cup of cold water and mix well into the sausage dish. Bake about 10 - 15 minutes more till sauce has thickened.
Serve hot with mashed potato, rice or just some crusty fresh bread and butter.

Hey

This sounds great, pork and cabbage is always a great combo! Curried sausages are an Aussie staple (odd as it sounds). I'd definitely add a little more sweetness though, apple, corn, more carrot even a pumpkin or sweet potato mash would be a great accompaniment. Great dish Snip!

Hey

This sounds great, pork and cabbage is always a great combo! Thank you :) Curried sausages are an Aussie staple (odd as it sounds). I'd definitely add a little more sweetness though, apple, corn, more carrot even a pumpkin or sweet potato mash would be a great accompaniment. Great dish Snip!

Doesn't sound strange to me, we love curried sausages. South Africans curry, pickle and cure everything that dares to move :LOL:

Apple would work in this recipe but then I would leave out the Swiss Chard. Not sure pumpkin would though.

We too love curried sausages, as TT said, it certainly is big in Oz :)

Also Devilled Sausages is nice, that one they add either apple or pineapple, very tasty :yum:

Your recipe sounds lovely Snip :)

Snip mate it sounds pretty stimulating so would you score it from 1 to 10 on the flatulence meter.

Snip mate it sounds pretty stimulating so would you score it from 1 to 10 on the flatulence meter.

:ROFLMAO: A few burps make the taste last longer ;)

Rating 5, just enough gas to get things going ;p

P.S for those you want to reduce flatulence just add a pinch of Indian Asafoetida powder

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom