"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Pork

Old 12-07-2007, 10:33 AM   #1
Head Chef

Southwest chops with Orange Cranberry sauce

So get this, I come home from work yesterday and im pretty tired so i decided i wanted to take a nap. When i woke up, i could smell something dang good. I asked me mom what she was cooking and she said southwest chops. I ran into the kitchen and had a brilliant idea to make a simple pan sauce for the first time. I asked my mom if i could try it out. She said sure and my dad yelled "HECK NO, tkae my pork chop out, i dont want it ruined." so i took all the chops out and left the juices and drippings in the pan. I turned the heat up on med-hi and started to simmer/boil the drippings. I then remembered that the milk man dropped off fresh organic OJ this morning. so i added 3/4 cup of OJ to the drippings and started to simmer it. i turned the heat down to med and then my mom said "OHHH, lets add half a can of whole cranberries." so we did. Mixed it all up and added some butter and let it thicken. Once it was thick we added the pork chops, left my dad's out of course, back to the skillit and put the lid back on. i tell you what. those were so dang good. I told my self that i have to share this with DC.. So here it is

South West Porkchops in Orange Cranberry sauce

6 half inch thick chops. ( we used the darker cut )
3/4 cup to 1 cup water
1-2 TblSp Olive Oil
Pampered Chef south west seasoning
McKormic Montreal Steak

Sauce
3/4 cup OJ
1/2 can whole cranberry
1/2 cup left over juices from chops.
1-2 Tbls butter

Season chops with both seasonings and let set for 20 minutes. In a skillet add 1-2 Tbls Olive Oil and brown chops. Add the water and cover. Cook tell done. When chops are done remove from skillet and drain off drippings and juices tell you have 1/4-1/2 cup left. Turn heat to med-hi and add the OJ. Simmer for about a minute or two then turn heat back down to med. Add the cranberries and mix well. let thicken. Once thick return the chops back to the pan and cover with sauce. add the butter, stir and cover for two minutes. serve warm. Goes great with wild rice and asparagus.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:39 AM   #2
Executive Chef

Hey was your dad jealous in the end??

Old 12-07-2007, 10:52 AM   #3
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilby View Post
Hey was your dad jealous in the end??
Surprisingly.... No. he wasnt. He looked at it and said " what the he** is that." so i was like whatever dude.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:07 PM   #4
Executive Chef

Oh well, his loss!!

Tags
None