Spam - the kind you eat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Spam is just wrong.

Spam is just a picnic shoulder, shredded and reformed with gelatin. The gelatin is found in every pork product. It is a natural part of the meat. All living beings have gelatin. It is what holds the muscles together Only we call it collegen in humans. It is what Hollywood starlets have injected into their lips so they can look foolish and have a mouth that is out of shape. :ermm:

Spam is just a picnic shoulder, shredded and reformed with gelatin. The gelatin is found in every pork product. It is a natural part of the meat. All living beings have gelatin. It is what holds the muscles together Only we call it collegen in humans. It is what Hollywood starlets have injected into their lips so they can look foolish and have a mouth that is out of shape. :ermm:

I wouldn't say it was that innocent. On the other hand, it's probably no worse than just about any store bought, processed meat, like salamis. It's also very salty.

Meat & gelatin just don't go together for me. Personally I cannot get the image of the feeling of eating an eyeball.

Gelatin & "meat" do not go together for me. I cannot get the image out of my mind of the feeling of eating an eyeball.
Nor ears, hooves, noses, nards or other waste products give me any attraction to eating Spam.

It's a product totally built on pork's "pink slime." Everything you wouldn't eat goes into it. Tails anybody?

Its like a naughty secret having Spam in your cupboard. Yes I know its naughty but I like it. Only now and again, but I don't feel bad when I do have it.

Fried spam is even nicer. Mwuhaahahhhhaaa (thats my evil laugh).

Its like a naughty secret having Spam in your cupboard. Yes I know its naughty but I like it. Only now and again, but I don't feel bad when I do have it.

Fried spam is even nicer. Mwuhaahahhhhaaa (thats my evil laugh).

Spams ok and scrapple is better. What I want to know are the secrets in a tin of Bully Beef?:ohmy:

Does McDonalds still have beef in their french fries?

I'd rather have beef in my fries than spam in my sushi.

He he....you can get hot dog sushi in Hawaii too!
Plus beef teriyaki sushi with spam in it!
You just have to shut off the "ewe gross" radar in the brain and put it in your mouth and then YUM!

Personally I don't think Spam is any yuckier than hot dogs. I don't eat this type of stuff more than maybe twice a year because it's so unhealthy...but when I do, it's a guilty pleasure that I thoroughly enjoy.

Kaukau said:
He he....you can get hot dog sushi in Hawaii too!
Plus beef teriyaki sushi with spam in it!
You just have to shut off the "ewe gross" radar in the brain and put it in your mouth and then YUM!

Personally I don't think Spam is any yuckier than hot dogs. I don't eat this type of stuff more than maybe twice a year because it's so unhealthy...but when I do, it's a guilty pleasure that I thoroughly enjoy.

No worse than hot dogs. I agree. Once or twice a year guilty pleasure for me too. I get the Turkey spam relieves some of the guilt.

I have a small can of the Lite Spam on the shelf. Someday if I ever get my appetite back, I will make Spam and eggs for breakfast. I also keep a can of Mary's Kitchen Roast Beef hash on the shelf. I would rathe keep canned goods handy than packaged items. Hamburgr Helper comes to mind. That little seasoning packet is more salt than seasoning. The Lite Spam has had most of the salt removed. It is now palatable.

BTE, FYI. the eyeballs from our slaughtered animals for our table are shipped to Europe. They are considered a delicacy over there. (Be still my stomach!):)

Spam helped make American soldiers the best fed in history.
Best fed? I don't know about that. Obviously, you've never eaten in a foreign mess hall. :LOL:

I did a tour with the USO during the Gulf War and ate mess hall chow on NATO bases all over Europe. I have to say that the best food I saw, by far, was served in an Italian Air Force mess in Aviano, Italy. Among the entries, you had your choice of fresh tuna steak or chicken with an herbed cream sauce. Pasta was served on the side, and each table had a basket of fresh bread and a bottle of San Pellegrino mineral water.

By contrast, in the American mess hall you had hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, and Kool-Aid.

Guess which place most of the American personnel chose to eat at? ;)

Last edited:
Its still good fried and paire with colby cheese and grilled. YUM!
It really comes down to personal preference. A lot of people use goat cheese, I think it's disgusting. So there it is.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom