Special Present From Spike

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd be willing to bet even your Boston grocery store carries this national brand.. It's excellent by the way.

We have a China town section and they have a HUGE grocery store. Have gone to it in the past, but for now until I get my new artificial leg, my traveling days are very limited. Hopefully I will have it by the end of this month.

I'd be willing to bet even your Boston grocery store carries this national brand.. It's excellent by the way.

We have a China town section and they have a HUGE grocery store. Have gone to it in the past, but for now until I get my new artificial leg, my traveling days are very limited. Hopefully I will have it by the end of this month.
Um, Addie, Kayelle was letting you know that you could probably buy that teriyaki sauce at your local grocery store. She wasn't suggesting that you needed to get to Chinatown.

Spike dropped of two buckets of chicken for the game. One was all wings and the other chicken pieces. What I didn't see was the beautiful package of Country Style Ribs in the fridge.

So tomorrow (I have a medical appt. today) I will first try to make a BBQ sauce using ketchup and then apply it to the ribs. I only have three bottles of ketchup waiting to be used for something other than FF's. Two of the bottles were a gift to me from one of the parties the building had. First I will look here right in DC. And if I find I don't have all the ingredients, I will have to hunt for a recipe that does ask for all the ingredients I do have on hand.

Addie, how did your Country Style Ribs turn out? Several members here have posted cooking methods and sauces. Were any of the suggestions helpful? :chef:

Last edited:
Addie, how did your Country Style Ribs turn out? Several members here have posted cooking methods and sauces. Were any of the suggestions helpful? :chef:

They ended up being wrapped and I have spent this past week, taking care of and keeping some medical appointments. They are now in the freezer. They will have to wait for another day. And I have the recipe for the sauce in my Recipe folder.

Thank you for asking.

Let us know how they turn out!

I'm always so lazy. I just take a half rack of ribs, throw them in the crock pot, and dump a bottle of BBQ sauce over them. Eight hours later the meat is sliding off the bone. One of these days I'll fix them the way they should be fixed.

Baby back ribs...I'm wondering where you all get them. Only ribs I see are Farmer John giant ones.

Several of the stores where I live carry them. I wait until they're on sale at $2.99 a pound or less. Then I buy them, cut them into half racks, and freeze. I just got ribs on sale but they're not baby back this time.

Baby back ribs...I'm wondering where you all get them. Only ribs I see are Farmer John giant ones.

Anyways, this got my taste buds going.

My old man liked pork ribs baked in the oven. Salt and pepper, nothing else.

The next time you go into your supermarket, ask the Manager of the meat department to cut them for you. He probably doesn't get too many requests for them, so they are part of another cut.

Anyways, this got my taste buds going.

My old man liked pork ribs baked in the oven. Salt and pepper, nothing else.

Caslon, this is what we use. They are very meaty and often on sale at Von's.
They are called Safeway Select Loin Back Ribs.

Attachments

• image.jpg.jpg
    image.jpg.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom