Stuffing for pork chops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

letscook

Head Chef
For Easter I am planning either stuffing pork chops or butterfly a pork loin and stuff it. Whats your favorite stuffing that you use? Can't decide which one to use. regular bread stuffing or corn bread or something all together dif.
Happy Easter to you all

If I was feeding my family it would be a small amount of highly seasoned traditional bread stuffing.

I might toss in some dried cranberries just to upset a couple of them! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Don't forget the Bell's seasoning!

We like to stuff them a spinach and feta cheese stuffing with sautéed shallots and bread crumbs.

I'm think it will be basic bread with some apples and cranberries added.
I had planned on chunky applesauce for a side but but thanks to your suggestions going to add it to the stuffing.
roasted carrots, Yellow and zuccini squash, asparagus , fingerling potatoes mixture and a cheese souffle

I have one 2" thick pork chop in the freezer. In pantry I have Stove Top for pork. I am going to marry them. Stuff the chop, sear it on both sides and place in oven to finish. Baked tater to go with it. I am for traditional stuffing all the time. Although I have made a spinach and cheese stuffing for a pork loin roast. Delicious! Come to think of it, I may just make a potato stuffing with sausage for the chop. Haven't made that in years. Keeps the chop nice and moist. :angel:

Hubbie told me he really wants hotdogs out on the grill and potato salad for Easter dinner. Since it is just the two of us I might consider it. I still am making the pork dinner as that was going to be our dinner and I was taking dinner to my 90 year old aunt for her Easter Dinner. So a slight change in plans doing the hog dogs for him -taking dinner to my aunt and then leftover pork dinner will be tomorrow dinner.

Mushroom caps - chopped small
Onion - chopped small
Chopped Spinach - fresh (steamed) or frozen (thawed) - squeeze dry
Butter
Olive oil
Herbs and spices

img_1252642_0_78d9a82de21bb904fe5705e6e46e1195.jpg

When I stuff a tenderloin I dice some apple and onion, saute them a bit in butter with garlic, slivered almonds or crushed walnuts, something green, (even if it's just dried basil), and some panko crumbs. It ends up being just the right amount of stuffing for a pork loin and because everything is small it rolls up well.
A stuffed pork chop though I'd go big. Probably bread instead of panko crumbs. And of course let it hang out for extra stuffing.

The hot dogs sound good though. I think I'll pick up a pillow pack of Smiths hot dogs today!

Herb stuffing with granny smiths, onion, celery amd fresh sage. I use butter and apple juice to moisten the stuffing. Make extra on the side.

Herb stuffing with granny smiths, onion, celery amd fresh sage. I use butter and apple juice to moisten the stuffing. Make extra on the side.

ours is very similar. we start with those ingredients, but then brown and crumble some italian style sweet turkey sausage, add chopped mushrooms, moisten with chicken or turkey stock, and dot the top of the mixture ina baking dish with a generous amount of butter. it's baked at 350 until the top gets crunchy, the apples, shrooms, and veggies are soft and the liquid is fully absorbed.

this is what we make for thanksgiving as a side dish, and then i've used leftovers to stuff things like pork chops or veal breast.

subtract the sausage and add some shrimp or crabmeat, and it's great for stuffing flounder, crabs, lobster, or making baked clams.

subtract the sausage and add some shrimp or crabmeat, and it's great for stuffing flounder, crabs, lobster, or making baked clams.

Oh, I have a wicked crab diablo stuffing. I use it for flounder and stuffed, butterflied shrimp. I also like to brine and grill chops that get served with a chunky andouille BBQ sauce. Pork with pork, what could be better!

looks delious msmofet
Thank you letscook. The picture is a stuffed and rolled pork loin roast but I use the same stuffing for chops which I have no picture for. But either one gets stuffed and seared in a cast iron pan. Then stick the pan in oven to finish cooking. After meat is removed I make the gravy in the same pan with the fond/drippings.

Back
Top Bottom