Suggestions for a Pork Roast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I cook my pork tightly wrapped in foil roasting slowly at 325 degrees for
3-4 hours depending on the weight.

Sephora said:
Yes, I eat beef and chicken. I just don't eat pork.

I don't understand your delicacy, Sephora. Little piggies going to market aren't that much different that little cowies or chickies going to market. That quartered, trimmed, or sliced stuff you find in the store came from an animal walking on four legs at some point (or two, in the case of chickens). "Sanitizing" it by purchasing shrink-wrapped cuts of various animal parts does not erase this fact. Doesn't bother me.

I think it's more the fact that she actually "saw" the pigs going to market, which made her think about eating pork and since she didnt see this happen with cows or chickens, she is able to eat it. Sometimes it just takes a "vision" like that to turn one off of certain foods. My teen saw a film in high school about cows being slaughtered and has never eaten beef since then. It's a sensitive topic indeed.

amber said:
I think it's more the fact that she actually "saw" the pigs going to market, which made her think about eating pork and since she didnt see this happen with cows or chickens, she is able to eat it. Sometimes it just takes a "vision" like that to turn one off of certain foods. My teen saw a film in high school about cows being slaughtered and has never eaten beef since then. It's a sensitive topic indeed.
That's pretty much what it was. Seeing those happy pigs heading off to slaughter was too much. And it didn't help when my father's girlfriend said "This is fresh Amish sausage. I bet it was some Amish boys pet just a couple days ago." That visual was about all it took. And the pigs were so small with no chance to live.

Back
Top Bottom