"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Pork

Old 06-17-2012, 10:38 AM   #11
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravy Queen View Post
I'm a fan of stuffed tenderloin, I use a Jamie Oliver recipe where you slit it, then bash it out , stuff it and roll it up again. The whole thing is wrapped in parma ham, turns out like this:
I am a fan of this method as well (although I am unfamiliar with Jamie Oliver's recipe and method). I have used a variety of sausage blends as a filling. Mighty good. We sliced the stuffed tenderloin into medallions and served it with a gravy made from the drippings that collect in the pan.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:56 PM   #12
Senior Cook

Marinate it in red wine, cherries, port, and aged balsamic, then grill it and glaze it with the reduced marinade. There is no finer way to make it in the summertime when the cherries are fresh. It's one of my signature dishes. I *just* put the recipe up on this forum here. Check it out. Finished product:

Old 06-28-2012, 03:29 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

I rub my tenderloin in fresh chopped rosemary and evoo with several cloves of finely chopped garlic. Bake it for 30 min at 325 or til done. then season with salt and pepper you can surround the tenderloin with cut unpeeled apples if you like sprinkle the apples with brown sugar and a little butter.
kadesma
Old 06-28-2012, 03:40 PM   #14
Head Chef

Didn't she say she has already cut it up? that would change the method of cooking it.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:46 PM   #15
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndalou View Post
Didn't she say she has already cut it up? that would change the method of cooking it.
Yes, that would change it (not sure how I missed that). So what she's got is basically medallions instead of tenderloins. For the recipe I put up, the prep would be the same, the difference would be you'd pan fry or grill them for a couple of minutes instead of roasting them or grilling them for an extended period of time.

Tags
pork tenderloin