Tenderloin ideas, help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

candorpants

Assistant Cook
Well ill start by saying I've never worked with pork except for basic breaded chopped cooked in the oven. My dad was nice enough to send me home with 2 pounds of pork tenderloin. He instructed me to cut it into 1-2" strips so I have several small steaks instead of a big log of meat.
I currently have both ends and 1 section thawed, ready to go.. except I don't know how ill be cooking them or what they'll be cooked with.

Im hoping to be able to prepare this in an hour(ish) so marinades (although easy and relish) aren't really an option.
I see a lot of recipes for stuffed tenderloins but im afraid cutting it the way I did may have ruined that option.

We do a grilled, three mustard marinated one. It is served with mellons and kiwi. I'll see if I can post the recipe tomorrow, if you are interested?;)

Though I do this with a full tenderloin, you can easily do it with chops too. Sprinkle a pinch of chopped thyme and rosemary, salt, and pepper on each pork chop. Then get some coarse grain mustard and slather it on the chops. Roast them in the oven, at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes (it takes about 45 minutes for a whole tenderloin, but since you made it into chops they will cook much faster. I suggest serving it with steamed asparagus and rice pilaf, but just about anything will go well with it. Good luck!

Oh how I do love mustard!

I currently don't have a grill though, so im hoping to bake or sear my pork.

If you have a grill pan or pan that will allow you to sear, your golden! I hpoe folks reading this are not confusing Loin with Tender-loin, big difference.

cmontg34, a tenderloin should never require 45 minutes of cooking time!

Last edited:
Im positive its tenderloin.
I was looking around online and found 2 other basic ideas, one rub with 10 min in the pan and 20 in the oven and the other is s breaded chop. I cent decide which one to chose from! Again I never have pork so I don't know what either will come out like.
Man im hungry!!!

Im positive its tenderloin.
I was looking around online and found 2 other basic ideas, one rub with 10 min in the pan and 20 in the oven and the other is s breaded chop. I cent decide which one to chose from! Again I never have pork so I don't know what either will come out like.
Man im hungry!!!

Pork tenderloin tends to be 1-1/2 to 2" thick. Grill it or sear it, + oven time and let it rest, covered in foil for 10 minutes (about 145 F on instant read). Your sides should be able to cook in the same cooking time as the tenderloin + the rest time.

I marinate for about 4 hours in soy,citrus,sherry and garlic. I grill about 3 minutes per side then brush with a 50/50 mixture of honey and toasted sesame oil untill med. Let rest covered for about 8 minutes. They usually come two to pack here.
the other one I will marinate in mustard,sri hacha,garlic,tobasco,chili paste,chili powder,chili sauce and anything else you have that is hot. Most of the marinade will cook off so it really isn't that spicy. The later one is good with a tri-tip too.

Buon Giorno Candor Pants,

I employ a marinade made of: Evoo, fresh squeezed orange juice, 1 tblsp. grated orange zest, fennel seeds, dried crushed red pepper, salt, freshly ground black pepper and chicken stock.

I oven roast mine, as we live in a Metropolis ...

I serve it with fresh fennel with fronds attached cut into wedges, oven warm bread of choice and a good Oak Aged Red Wine of Medium Body from Italia, Piemonte, or Tuscana: from Montalcino called Tenuta di Sesta Rosso di Montalcino; Abruzzi or Spanish D.O. La Rioja.

Have a lovely Sunday.
Margaux Cintrano.

Last edited:
I'm a fan of stuffed tenderloin, I use a Jamie Oliver recipe where you slit it, then bash it out , stuff it and roll it up again. The whole thing is wrapped in parma ham, turns out like this:

Attachments

• Jamie Stuffed Pork2.jpg
    Jamie Stuffed Pork2.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 239
I'm a fan of stuffed tenderloin, I use a Jamie Oliver recipe where you slit it, then bash it out , stuff it and roll it up again. The whole thing is wrapped in parma ham, turns out like this:
I am a fan of this method as well (although I am unfamiliar with Jamie Oliver's recipe and method). I have used a variety of sausage blends as a filling. Mighty good. We sliced the stuffed tenderloin into medallions and served it with a gravy made from the drippings that collect in the pan.

Marinate it in red wine, cherries, port, and aged balsamic, then grill it and glaze it with the reduced marinade. There is no finer way to make it in the summertime when the cherries are fresh. It's one of my signature dishes. I *just* put the recipe up on this forum here. Check it out. Finished product:

img_1154341_0_b8049459e4771b5bd9d45d318d47a192.jpg

I rub my tenderloin in fresh chopped rosemary and evoo with several cloves of finely chopped garlic. Bake it for 30 min at 325 or til done. then season with salt and pepper you can surround the tenderloin with cut unpeeled apples if you like sprinkle the apples with brown sugar and a little butter.
kadesma

Didn't she say she has already cut it up? that would change the method of cooking it.

Yes, that would change it (not sure how I missed that). So what she's got is basically medallions instead of tenderloins. For the recipe I put up, the prep would be the same, the difference would be you'd pan fry or grill them for a couple of minutes instead of roasting them or grilling them for an extended period of time.

Back
Top Bottom