Tired of the same ol pork chops....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

welise86

Cook
I love pork chops but I've run out of new ways to cook them. If my DH had his way I'd fry them every time but I am really trying to get away from so much frying. I NEED HELP!!:wacko:

Marinate them in olive oil, smashed garlic, lemon juice,salt, pepper, chopped onions and oregano and parsley. Then Bake.

They are fabulous on the grill...don't over cook & dry out...

I am with Uncle BoB on this one, grilled some the other night - bone in 1/2 in.- S&P, garlic powder and sprinkle of soy sauce, get to room temp then about 3 mins. each side on high then move to lower heat till reaches 145'or just slightly pink. Rest 5 mins. YUM

Onions, apple brandy/liquor and brown sugar. Grilled, broiled, marinated, whatever - tastes great.

I am with Uncle BoB on this one, grilled some the other night - bone in 1/2 in.- S&P, garlic powder and sprinkle of soy sauce, get to room temp then about 3 mins. each side on high then move to lower heat till reaches 145'or just slightly pink. Rest 5 mins. YUM

QUICK!! Get me a bath rag.:ermm: Ah.. er...I mean a napkin..I'm drooling all over myself!!! :LOL: Yum is an understatement!!!:chef:

Try baking them with onions, apples and sweet potatoes. Season your chops with S&P and put in a baking dish. Top with the sliced onions, apples and sweet potatoes. Sprinkle more S&P and a little brown sugar over the top.
Cover with foil and bake at 375 until chops and sweet potatoes are tender.

Or put sliced onions, potato wedges and baby carrots in with with the chops, season all with S&P, and pour over a can of Italian style seasoned tomatoes.
Cover and bake at 350 until chops are done.

Or add mushrooms and substitute a can or two of condensed golden mushroom soup for the seasoned tomatoes. You can also dump in a bag of frozen Brussels sprouts.

Or put a slice of onion, a tablespoon of brown sugar and another of catsup on top of each seasoned chop. Cover and bake at 350 until tender.

Stuff them with spinach, shallots, garlic, mushrooms, pinenuts and feta cheese. Pan fry and finish inthe oven.

ooh andy. i made something like that recently, with goat cheese. i didn't have pine nuts and mushrooms, though, and it was just missing something.

thanks! :chef: i'll ad those next time.

here's a few i've posted:

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f49/buckytom-s-crock-pot-pork-chops-40648.html

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f49/buckytom-s-dirty-pork-chops-18151.html

you could do this one, just subbing chops for the roast: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f49/rec-pork-tenderloin-apples-onions-16344.html

Last edited:
I really like pork just about any way you want to cook it. I bought a jar of wally world salsa mild and put my chops in a baking pan poured the salsa over and baked till the meat fell off the bone very toothsome no left overs either

You can marinate them in mojo criollo, can find the marinade in some stores or can make your own (Google), saute them, serve with black beans and rice and some fried plantains.

That is a great meal.

chops

marinate them in 1/4 cup of white vinegar, 1 cup of orange juice and the juice of a lime.

Give them overnight in the refer or at least one hour.

I used a grill to cook them.

My hubby & I like to sprinkle them with a little garlic powder, salt & pepper & put them in the broiler. Depending on our mood for the night, we might put BBQ sauce on them. They come out yummy & are healthier than frying.

Back
Top Bottom