TNT Breakfast Sausage Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
I decided to follow the recipe that came with the meat grinder. The only thing I changed is I added 1-1/2 tsp red pepper flakes and I used all pork. I just taste-tested a patty (I am chilling the meat before running the rest of it through the medium blade), and it gets a thumb's up. I haven't decided if I will make this into patties or if I will do links. The casings are ready--I have 4 other types of sausage ready to grind as well.

http://www.cuisinart.ca/pdf/ibs/en/CMG-100C_en.pdf

I decided to follow the recipe that came with the meat grinder. The only thing I changed is I added 1-1/2 tsp red pepper flakes and I used all pork. I just taste-tested a patty (I am chilling the meat before running the rest of it through the medium blade), and it gets a thumb's up. I haven't decided if I will make this into patties or if I will do links. The casings are ready--I have 4 other types of sausage ready to grind as well.

http://www.cuisinart.ca/pdf/ibs/en/CMG-100C_en.pdf

I don't know how to set up an album--here are the pics:

Attachments

• sausage_01 002.jpg
    sausage_01 002.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 293
  • sausage_01 003.jpg
    sausage_01 003.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 305
  • Jan_22.JPG
    Jan_22.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 257
For pictures and albums:

Top Left > User CP > on the left, second section "Networking" >Pictures & Albums, towards the bottom > Add Album, follow the prompts to upload.

Looks delish! I bought a bottle of Italian sausage seasoning from Penzey's a while ago--I need to find a grinder and get busy.
Yeah, I hear you. I had natural hog casings for 25 lb that I bought a year ago on one of my trips to MN. All I was missing was the meat grinder.

Haven't been around much lately, so probably missed this..... But what kind of meat grinder are you using CWS? Old fashioned kind? Attachment to another appliance or stand alone " new fangled" item? I soooo want to make some sausage!

Oops! Never mind,I saw your info in another thread. Hadn't thought about the "stuffing" part. I have an attachment for my old Oster Kitchen Center, but I would have to stuff by hand........well more research required here :)

Oops! Never mind,I saw your info in another thread. Hadn't thought about the "stuffing" part. I have an attachment for my old Oster Kitchen Center, but I would have to stuff by hand........well more research required here :)
Somebunny--most of the time, we remove the casings, so I'm only stuffing some of the sausages. The rest I'm making into chubs or patties. Why waste casings when we are only going to throw them away anyway? The meat grinder came with the tube attachment. The issue was I didn't check to see that it was feeding before I put meat in yesterday and it was jamming/not feeding...so I gave up and stuffed by hand because I so wanted some links for pics! There is a trick to assembling the thing. It worked much better today and I ended up with 18 links and the rest went into 1/2 lb blocks for pizza, pasta, etc. Once you figure out how to run the equipment, it is quite easy. I can see doing this again (maybe not with quite so much meat...but the price was soooo good--timing was bad since I have to leave for TX).

Last edited:
Since we never got an invite for breakfast I made breakfast sausage today. I was fairly ambitious and used the recipe out of #71200 Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek though I reduced the amount of sage to half as we are not huge sage fans. His recipes are for 10 or 25 pounds (other than a couple that are 100 pound batch recipes, yikes).

Once I had it all ground and the spice drop in I took about 5 pounds and set it aside for bulk and we made links out of the rest.

I bought about 15.5 pounds of boneless pork shoulder at Costco for this.

Attachments

• Sasuage01.jpg
    Sasuage01.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 295
  • Sasuage02.jpg
    Sasuage02.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 241
  • Sasuage03.jpg
    Sasuage03.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 293
  • Sasuage04.jpg
    Sasuage04.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 326
  • Sasuage05.jpg
    Sasuage05.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 314
  • Sasuage06.jpg
    Sasuage06.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 286
Looks great! How's it taste or are you waiting for it to meld and then cook in the morning?

Since we never got an invite for breakfast I made breakfast sausage today. I was fairly ambitious and used the recipe out of #71200 Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek though I reduced the amount of sage to half as we are not huge sage fans. His recipes are for 10 or 25 pounds (other than a couple that are 100 pound batch recipes, yikes).

Once I had it all ground and the spice drop in I took about 5 pounds and set it aside for bulk and we made links out of the rest.

OMG!! That looks fantastic! I am so jealous of how easy you make the stuffing the casings look! Still working on that skill. Wish I were home right now so I could cook up some sausage with FRESH EGGS...maybe not, the weather is much nicer here in San Antonio than SE Ontario...:LOL:

*blinkblinks* YOU had help!!!! :glare: There was mixing! And feeding the stuffer. And growing/drying the herbs! And the charming conversation! :LOL:

I need another sausage biscuit. :yum: Okay...if you make sausage gravy and biscuits again, we will say it was all you. ;)

Last edited:
OMG!! That looks fantastic! I am so jealous of how easy you make the stuffing the casings look! Still working on that skill. Wish I were home right now so I could cook up some sausage with FRESH EGGS...maybe not, the weather is much nicer here in San Antonio than SE Ontario...:LOL:

He has linking the sausage down to an art-form. I cannot do it, but he does this spin-thing and can work through a length in no time at all. CWS, your sausage turned out awesome as well!

PF, it turned out really well. A good balance of herbs and spices. It will be a versatile sausage whether just for breakfast or added in something else like Stuffed Cabbage. (Hoping that hint takes.)

Last edited:
So the sausage was pretty good. Juicy and not greasy. Little spicy and nice hint of thyme.

The casings aren't as easy as they look.. those sheep casings are hard to get open. Water is your friend.

There is 26 packs of 8 in the freezer, plus 10 chubs (half pound each).

II also have some odd sized ones in the fridge and we had some this morning for sausage gravy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom