TNT Pork Ribs Recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saphellae

Head Chef
I usually cook these low and slow but I might do something different this time. Although low and slow is simple for me during the week (and I will be preparing them during the week), the recipe I use has too much sodium for my tastes anymore. Is there any TNT recipe that is for the slow cooker, or even an easy oven recipe that makes them fall off the bone? I really dislike dry ribs. Preferably a low sodium / low fat recipe, but I'm open. Thanks! :)

i just throw into crock pot. no liquid. there will be plenty from the meat. when done place on cookie sheet. lather on the rib sauce of your choice.pop into hot oven to put a little crisp on sauce and ribs. get lots of napkins and go for it.

You could try a nice rub on them.I don't know right off hand who posted their recipe for a rub..It's a forum regular..It's either,Uncle Buck,Andy M, or GB..Maybe they will see this and fess up :)

I've actually used it on a chicken that I broiled.Pork ribs (use the rub on it first) then brown the racks on cookie sheets, in the oven,then put them into the crock pot on low..The ribs were fantastic!!not at all tough or dry..The chicken..loved it!!

Good luck,

Munky.

Just remember to use the low setting on yoru slow cooker to avoid drying out the ribs. Any combination of the following will make an excellent dry rub for you:

Brown sugar
Powdered mustard
Chili powder
granulated onion powder, or chopped onion
granulated garlic powder, or chopped garlic
Paprika
Black or white ground pepper
Cayenne pepper

The trick is to ballance the flavors. Typically, most dry rubs use some or all of the above listed spices. You can also add herbs such as thyme, sage, cumin, coriander, even spices such as closves and nutmeg will work. Mix together a few of the ingredients and then wet your finger tip. Dip it into the spice mixture and pop it into your mouth. See what it all tastes like together. Then, modify as needed. Sweet things go great with pork, hence the brown sugar. A little heat from the chili pepper and ground pepper, and some savory ingredients all ballance each other to give the final flavor profile. With rubs, let the meat sit in a sealed plastic bag, in the fridge for several hours to let the flavors permeate the meat, before cooking.

Have fun experimenting with different flavors. And remember, you can also marinate in fruit juices or spread fruit puree onto the meat before cooking it to give even different flavors. Apple, bannana, orange/citrus fruits, cherries, mango, pineapple, and many others compliment pork wonderfully. Even maple syrup can be slathered over the pork ribs before they are slow cooked to perfection. Add a bit of liquid smoke to some good grade-b maple syrup, and bake in a slow oven for several hours in a covered roasting pan to get fall-off-the-bone ribs with a smoky maple glaze.

I hope that gets your imaginative juices rolling.;)

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

MMmmmm goodweed ! Thanks for the fruit puree idea. I recently made a grape-pecan conserve that I could use on the ribs and stick them in the slow cooker. That would be terrific!

I use this method for succulent, falling-off-the-bone ribs. Of course, there is a good amount of sodium in the barbeque sauce, but I use a lot less than the recipe indicates - about 9 oz sauce for 3 lbs ribs:
Baby Back Ribs - 58691 - Recipezaar

THanks for the ideas everyone - I put the ribs in the slow cooker with the grape pecan conserve I made/canned a month or so ago. It smells delish!

Next time I buy ribs I'm going to try with maple syrup and cranberry butter.

THanks for the ideas everyone - I put the ribs in the slow cooker with the grape pecan conserve I made/canned a month or so ago. It smells delish!

Next time I buy ribs I'm going to try with maple syrup and cranberry butter.

You've got to let us know how they turned out. Hmmmm; maple and pecan. How do I get to your place and what time do I need to be there?:LOL:

I love maple and have been toying with the idea of making a pecan pie using maple syrup instead of corn syrup. Pork with maple is a wonderful thing.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I made them in the slow cooker... the jam turned out black, pecans turned crumbly but still good. It tasted ok, just looked bad. I think too much sugar. I would probably add the jam (melted a bit) after all is said and done, and just put the ribs in the cooker with a good rub and a sauce that isn't too sweet (otherwise the sugar will turn black).

Me i slow cook it with Worcestershire sauce, bell pepper, tomatoes, potatoes, spices like paprika, nutmeg and black pepper...then when its tender i deep fry it..

Question about the method..
Can you just dry rub the ribs and put them in the crockpot with no liquid, maybe
just some aromatics?
I really need to learn to use my crockpot....

usually in the crockpot. but i tried this today with great results. rubbed them with seasoned salt, pepper and paprika. in oven at 200 degrees for an hour. turn them over, another hour at 200 degrees. put bbq sauce on them and bake at 400 for a half an hour. they were the best i have had.

Back
Top Bottom