"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Pork
Old 12-05-2011, 10:54 AM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
thanks! I found one I like on the Lodge site:

I have a different pan that is similar to the one in the link. It's great for stuff that needs to fried and then braised or simmered.

The one in my photo is supposedly a wok. The advantage of using that one for this recipe is that I can fit more chops on at once, because the sides slant and there is no hard bend between the bottom and sides.

May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:59 PM   #12
Executive Chef
mmmmm. That looks like a real plate licker..... Kinda like what I do, but add a bit of paprika for colour and zip.....

Rocklobster is offline   Reply With Quote

pork, recipe

TNT Pork with Mushroom Herb Sauce I found the recipe on a package of mushrooms. I don't remember the proportions. I have been making it for years. Pork chops, with or without the bone can be substituted for the pork tenderloin. This made enough for 4 people [LIST] [*]700 grams pork tenderloin [*]225 grams (1/2 lb) white mushrooms (or any kind you like) [*]1/4 cup fresh "fine herbes" or 4 tsps (1 tblsp + 1 tsp) dry [*]flour [*]milk [*]butter [*]salt and pepper to taste [/LIST] [LIST] [*]Cut tenderloin into 3/4 inch medallions [*]Melt some butter on a frying pan. [*]Fry the medallions or chops until they are nicely browned and as done as you like them. You may need to fry in batches. [*]Remove pork and keep warm [*]Add more butter to the frying pan. [*]When the butter froths, add the mushrooms. [*]Cook until brown. Add more butter if necessary. [*]Add enough flour to absorb the fat. [*]Continue cooking for a few minutes. [*]Sprinkle the herbs over the mushrooms [*]Add some milk and stir, scraping all the good brown stuff off the bottom of the pan. [*]Simmer for a minute or two. The sauce should thicken. [*]Add more milk if the sauce is too thick. [*]Put the meat back on the pan. [*]Turn off the heat and stir to cover the meat with the sauce. [/LIST] If you use a pretty frying pan, serve it from the pan. [IMG]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_U40lSLlsmxs/TNdk4lL8OXI/AAAAAAAAId8/s9ZJigW-T_M/s640/IMG_2258.JPG[/IMG] There are more pix in [URL="http://picasaweb.google.com/taxlady/Food03?feat=directlink"]this Picasa album[/URL] 3 stars 1 reviews