Unsmoked Gammon Knuckle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

csalt

Sous Chef
I have an unsmoked gammon knuckle with plenty:chef: enough meat on it for the 2 of us.
I plan to boil it then bake it. Any other suggestions for a tasty way to cook it?

Is that a pig knuckle?

OK, I looked it up. Here's what a friend did recently, with great results. Sear it off. Place it in a pan with cut up onions, carrots and celery, a few garlic cloves, S & P. Place in oven,. Cook low and slow for several hours, the meat will be falling off the bones when done. Remove the meat. Place veggies and juice (you may want to de-grease it) in blender and purree. He put it through a strainer, but I like mine a bit chunky. He served the knuckles on a bed of mashed, and topped it with the sauce.

Last edited:
Thanks Loprraine..
I've just realised I don't appear to know the difference between lamb and pork:rolleyes: :LOL: It should really have been in the pork thread!:rolleyes::pig:

Have you ever tried the strange Nigella Lawson method of cooking in coca cola with an onion, some cloves and some peppercorns. It's lovely! I skip her glazing step with treacle and mustard though, not necesary!

kyles said:
Have you ever tried the strange Nigella Lawson method of cooking in coca cola with an onion, some cloves and some peppercorns. It's lovely! I skip her glazing step with treacle and mustard though, not necesary!

Could you possibly PM me the recipe please kyles? Many thanks:)

Back
Top Bottom