Use for Pork Bones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How do make tomato sauce?

I browned what I have and have them in a pot. How hard will it be to fish the bones out when finished? How do you generally make tomato sauce?
Thanks.

Put your collander or strainer in a bowl large enough to hold all the liquid, and pour your bones and liquid in there. The bones stay in the strainer and the bowl has your liquid in it.

I use them often; sometimes I mix bones. But I make the stock first. BOnes, water, carrots, onions, celery, garlic, seasonings. Then strain (as already mentioned, in a colander), THEN cook the beans, lentils, etc in the strained stock. At this point you can refrigerate the stock over night, skim the fat, then freeze. I will often reserve the pork bones, some T-bones, chicken bones, none of which are enough in themselves, and make a mixed meat stock.

Yum!

I did the tomato sauce with San Marzano tomatoes, garlic and red wine & water for about 2 hours. Then, I remembered I had some dried smoked chipoltes and threw in a couple. I got a little carefree and put in some smoked paprika and a fresh poblano pepper. I don't know what it should be called but it tastes so rich and good. Other than eating it with a spoon by itself, What can I do with it???? :pig:

Next time I'll make stock with the bones first so I wont have to dig the bones out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom