Very Cherry Pork Chops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This was a nice changeup. I love porkchops anyway, but sometimes it's nice to add variation to an old favorite. And I really liked the warm cherries, which surprised me because I don't like cherry pie or even chocolate covered cherries, but cooked and on meat..... :chef: They were good to the last bite :)

I have half a can left (taken out of the can and stored in tupperware, BTW :rolleyes:) and one chop left over. I think I'm going to mash the cherries a bit, add some more pepper flakes and have it again tonight or tomorrow for lunch.

Attachments

• cherry porkchop.jpg
    cherry porkchop.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 198
Wow I take the weekend off from here and look what's waiting for me!
Thanks I will eat most anything involving cherries!

Wow I take the weekend off from here and look what's waiting for me!
Thanks I will eat most anything involving cherries!

I love Ol-blue's recipes. they are so simple and come out great. Perfect for someone like me who doesn't know what half the ingredients and dishes are that I read here.... not that I wouldn't eat them :LOL:

Have you tried the bacon cheeseburger meatloaf she came up with?
My oldest kid requests it once a week!
If it's too much for you to eat alone dont make a smaller one, you can just send it my way.. :)

YOu know, I think that this recipe might work for chicken breasts sliced in half---it's too hard to buy pork chops here---they just don't sell them that way.......I think that I did see some cherrie preserves here, however---not sure as it was in Russian but you can certainly find lemons here and I have tons of pepper flakes thanks to Chinatown in London.

No suzi, but I've made the other meatloaf recipe a couple of times.

That looks beautiful pancanis...You made the recipe work for you. I'm glad you went ahead and used the can pie filling. Thank you also for the wonderful comment.

suziquzie, You will love this then. Enjoy!

expatgirl, It should work fine with chicken breasts. It would be like a sweet and sour chicken just more sweet then sour.

Okay, so this recipe makes pork chops tollerable? I'm getting 4 chops in a food box on Friday and I was just going to give the chops away. I just have to mentally convince myself they aren't pork.

Okay, so this recipe makes pork chops tollerable? I'm getting 4 chops in a food box on Friday and I was just going to give the chops away. I just have to mentally convince myself they aren't pork.

Oh you can do it...If my son can eat it and he does not like pork chops, you should be able to also. :)

I see...My son must think the same way. He hates pigs, he thinks they are ugly and I wont say anymore or you may never try to eat pork. Please let me know if you do decide to make this and how you liked it.
Your son and I are opposites. I think they are too cute to eat. Can't eat veal either because baby cows are cute. I know, I have issues. I can't waste food I've paid for (you get a variety of meats in the mission box) so I'll definitely try this. So, Smuckers Cherry Preserves? I'll look for those and get back to you. I pick up the box on Friday. I'll let you know.

Oh...I agree with you on the veal. I wont eat that. Yes, Smuckers Cherry Preserves. I have seen other brands but they cost more. Enjoy! Debbie

Okay, they didn't have Smuckers but they did have another brand of Cherry Preserves and they were less expensive than the Smuckers stuff so I'm making this tonight. I'll let you know.

I can't believe my town grocery store doesn't have cherry preserves. I looked yesterday again and they have every other kind..... But then they hardly carry any Welch's products and Welch's is made right here in town :huh:
When I did "round two" for lunch, I mashed the cherries and added more crushed pepper flakes. mmm, mmm, good!

pacanis, do you have a Giant Eagle or a Wal-Mart superstore? I found my cherry preserves at Wal-Mart. I'm still scared of pork chops, but I'll get over it.

Yes. wally world isn't that far and GE just a little further. That's where I do most of my shopping because I've run into too many rank products at the store in my town, but I figured I was safe buying something in a container that didn't need any refrigeration. Plus it's been pretty nasty weatherwise here lately. I went for the nearest store.
What's the difference anyway? Between pie filling and preserves....

And I love pork chops! I had a hard time covering them up they were looking so good coming off of my grill (lol). This was certainly a nice change of pace, though. Typically I don't put any sauces on my food. It was looking pretty "fancy".

Pie filling is sweeter? I don't have an ingredient lable and couldn't find one online. Preserves have corn syrup and are cooked longer than pie filling since pie filling generally will be cooked again. I do know that much. I wonder if the pectin in preserves has something to do with it. Just tasting I can tell the pie filling is much sweeter than the preserves.

I found them at Wal-Mart, maybe you could find them there.

Pie filling is sweeter? I don't have an ingredient lable and couldn't find one online. Preserves have corn syrup and are cooked longer than pie filling since pie filling generally will be cooked again. I do know that much. I wonder if the pectin in preserves has something to do with it. Just tasting I can tell the pie filling is much sweeter than the preserves.

I found them at Wal-Mart, maybe you could find them there.

That's probably why it tasted better to me with more hotness added.

Back
Top Bottom