Very Cherry Pork Chops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, pathetic confession time, I can eat Comstock straight from the can or poured on angel food cake, I couldn't do that with the preserves. The preserves are a touch more tart too. I can't imaging sitting down to angel food and preserves but I can tell they'll work with a savory food like chops.

Callistro in NC, I'm glad you found some preserves. I will have to look a little harder for cheaper brands also. The other brands that I saw were over a dollar more then Smuckers.

pacanis, You might want to ask your grocer and see if he can order up some. It looks like you made the pie filling work for you though.

Next time I'll be prepared and have boughten the preserves at my normal grocery store. I really hate buying anything there.

Stupid question ~ is a pork chop and a pork loin chop the same? Seriously when I say I've never cooked with pork, other than bacon and sausage, I'm not kidding.

Not a stupid question at all. They are all pork chops. You have bone-in loin chops and bone-less. The bone-in loin chop is a center cut chop and that looks like a pork T-bone. A boneless loin chop is when the bone is removed, and the fillet or tenderloin on the bottom. These can be a little drier.

You have assorted chops which are an assortment of rib, loin, blade, and sirloin chops or sometimes just the end chops, sirloin, and blade. These are used most often. I buy loin roast from Costco or my local Cash&Carry and cut then into chops and roasts. I use a lot of loin and rib chops. Rib chops are my favorite to fry.

So basically just use your favorite chop when a recipe calls for pork chops, you will be fine.

Well, I did it and even after been warned for three days, DD didn't show up for dinner. I'm tempted to make her eat it cold.

img_559580_0_7834fe5db4632a7d32ad539c93a1fa79.jpg

I'll take her plate.
I'm going to need some more green beans,though. :)
mmm. Looks good.

Last edited:
I always mean to look for those and forget.
Beans Almondine!

Debbie, today I prepared your cherry preserve sauce to go w/our
grilled chops, and all I have to say....OMG how "DELISH".
Hubby loved it too! Have some leftover preserves,
and wouldn't mind having grilled chops again for tomorrows lunch,
but I don't think my husband wants to grill out again.
Thank you Debbie, for posting this recipe, and the pic of the chops
w/the preserves as well. It's a winner in our house!

Debbie, today I prepared your cherry preserve sauce to go w/our
grilled chops, and all I have to say....OMG how "DELISH".
Hubby loved it too! Have some leftover preserves,
and wouldn't mind having grilled chops again for tomorrows lunch,
but I don't think my husband wants to grill out again.
Thank you Debbie, for posting this recipe, and the pic of the chops
w/the preserves as well. It's a winner in our house!

That is wonderful! It makes me so happy to hear such great reviews. Thanks for taking the time to do so. I should post my recipe that I made for some shortbread bars that I used some of the Cherry Preserves on. It turned out good. Look for it, I will try to post it today. Debbie

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom