"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Pork

Old 02-27-2008, 05:41 PM   #31
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol-blue View Post
Oh you can do it...If my son can eat it and he does not like pork chops, you should be able to also.
Mine's the pig issue. Worst case, I give it to my daughter and she eats them all.

Old 02-27-2008, 05:48 PM   #32
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callisto in NC View Post
Mine's the pig issue. Worst case, I give it to my daughter and she eats them all.
I see...My son must think the same way. He hates pigs, he thinks they are ugly and I wont say anymore or you may never try to eat pork. Please let me know if you do decide to make this and how you liked it.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:11 PM   #33
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol-blue View Post
I see...My son must think the same way. He hates pigs, he thinks they are ugly and I wont say anymore or you may never try to eat pork. Please let me know if you do decide to make this and how you liked it.
Your son and I are opposites. I think they are too cute to eat. Can't eat veal either because baby cows are cute. I know, I have issues. I can't waste food I've paid for (you get a variety of meats in the mission box) so I'll definitely try this. So, Smuckers Cherry Preserves? I'll look for those and get back to you. I pick up the box on Friday. I'll let you know.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:41 PM   #34
Sous Chef

Oh...I agree with you on the veal. I wont eat that. Yes, Smuckers Cherry Preserves. I have seen other brands but they cost more. Enjoy! Debbie
Old 03-01-2008, 09:46 AM   #35
Executive Chef

Okay, they didn't have Smuckers but they did have another brand of Cherry Preserves and they were less expensive than the Smuckers stuff so I'm making this tonight. I'll let you know.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:55 AM   #36
Chef Extraordinaire

I can't believe my town grocery store doesn't have cherry preserves. I looked yesterday again and they have every other kind..... But then they hardly carry any Welch's products and Welch's is made right here in town
When I did "round two" for lunch, I mashed the cherries and added more crushed pepper flakes. mmm, mmm, good!
Old 03-01-2008, 09:58 AM   #37
Executive Chef

pacanis, do you have a Giant Eagle or a Wal-Mart superstore? I found my cherry preserves at Wal-Mart. I'm still scared of pork chops, but I'll get over it.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:08 AM   #38
Chef Extraordinaire

Yes. wally world isn't that far and GE just a little further. That's where I do most of my shopping because I've run into too many rank products at the store in my town, but I figured I was safe buying something in a container that didn't need any refrigeration. Plus it's been pretty nasty weatherwise here lately. I went for the nearest store.
What's the difference anyway? Between pie filling and preserves....

And I love pork chops! I had a hard time covering them up they were looking so good coming off of my grill (lol). This was certainly a nice change of pace, though. Typically I don't put any sauces on my food. It was looking pretty "fancy".
Old 03-01-2008, 11:19 AM   #39
Executive Chef

Pie filling is sweeter? I don't have an ingredient lable and couldn't find one online. Preserves have corn syrup and are cooked longer than pie filling since pie filling generally will be cooked again. I do know that much. I wonder if the pectin in preserves has something to do with it. Just tasting I can tell the pie filling is much sweeter than the preserves.

I found them at Wal-Mart, maybe you could find them there.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:25 AM   #40
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callisto in NC View Post
Pie filling is sweeter? I don't have an ingredient lable and couldn't find one online. Preserves have corn syrup and are cooked longer than pie filling since pie filling generally will be cooked again. I do know that much. I wonder if the pectin in preserves has something to do with it. Just tasting I can tell the pie filling is much sweeter than the preserves.

I found them at Wal-Mart, maybe you could find them there.
That's probably why it tasted better to me with more hotness added.

Tags
None