what to do with Ham?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jkath said:
SierraCook said:
We used to eat these when I was a kid. They are great for dinner or breakfast. It is a good way to use up leftover ham.

Ham Patties

2 cups ground cooked ham
½ cup soft bread crumbs
¼ cup chopped green onion
1/3 cup milk
1 slightly beaten egg
Dash of pepper

Combine all ingredients and shape into 4 patties. Brown patties slowly in a small amount of oil. Serves 4.
yummy yummy yummy!
I'm in line on that one too - was thinking Eggs Benedict for New Years Day breakfast, but this sounds different and easy.

I found this out many years ago when I was depsperate for a BLT. If you slice ham about the same thickness as bacon, and fry it until it's slightly crisp, it make an incredible substitue for the bacon on a BLT. It's just an HLT.

Another great flavor is to make a honey mustard glaze, but instead of BBQing the hole ham, just take the chunks and stick them on a skewer for shish-kabob. Alternate with pineapple and chunks of bell-pepper. Heat, brush with honey-mustard sauce, and serve with a good tossed salad. Can you say Yum! :chef:

And then, you can always take the ham chunks and add them to a sweet and sour sauce. Serve over fried, brown-rice.

Chop the ham and add it to bread dressing for poultry. It goes well.

Add the ham to a noodle and cheese caserole.

Heat the ham with chopped onion, chopped green pepper, Swiss or Fontina Cheese, and scrambled eggs, and use this as a filling for home-made hot pockets, or even raviolies.

Oh, by the way, I read every post in this thread and was rewarded with some very good ideas. Thanks to all who posted. :mrgreen:

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom