What to do with Wild Boar Tenderloin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Went with Hoot's Wild Boar in Onion Gravy w/ garlic mash, and a couple fresh garden goodies. It was a winner! And, I got a real treat from a friend today. He gave me a big bag of home grown garlic. I can't believe how juicy and sticky it is. Very nice. I couldn't help myself and deglazed the pan with some Canadian Sherry before adding the Boar stock. I was surprised to discover that it tasted more like beef than pork. I really liked it...So did GF.
Mmm, that looks really yummy.

We once had moose tenderloin. We dry roasted the whole tenderloin exactly the way one would roast a beef tenderloin. That sure was good.

Was the wild boar from Canada? Where does one encounter wild boar in Canada? I once was chased by two wild boars when I was jogging through a wooded area in Germany...climbed a deer hunting stand to escape them.

Was the wild boar from Canada? Where does one encounter wild boar in Canada? I once was chased by two wild boars when I was jogging through a wooded area in Germany...climbed a deer hunting stand to escape them.
Asking me? I wrote moose.

I got confused. I was thinking this was the hunting thread. D'oh!

Last edited:

Most of them are raised on Dude Ranches. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Give Canadian ranch raised wild boar a google!

Lucky you,
I'd go with Hoots idea too. It is richer than pork so perhaps a nice tart apple sauce would help to cut through that richness and go with the other vegetables.
Can I come to dinner please?

Silly girl. Bears don't talk to humans.

smokey-the-bearLG.jpg

WHO TOLD YOU THAT?

One of my favorite food stories is that when we were assigned to Hawaii, my mother was visiting. I got a call late at night. A friend saying, "I've had enough, husband just brought home a whole pig. D'ya want it?" (they were small pigs, and I had a 9 cft chest freezer). Yah, I'll take it. There was Mom, looking at me strangely, as Itook a little piggie that was still warm and tossed him/her in the freezer. Weird day.

And yes, we had pork kabobs and pork barbecue from that little piggie. You have to work at it, because wild boar are way too lean.

Back
Top Bottom