"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Pork
Old 01-07-2005, 08:03 PM   #1
Senior Cook
What's a good marinade for pork chops?

I am defrosting a couple of boneless pork chops for wife and I to feast on tomorrow. Does anyone have a good marinade recipe? Don't be mad but I think I am going to cook them on the George Foreman

Home chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 08:13 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Balsamic Grilled Pork Chops

1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons honey
3 garlic cloves, pressed
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions:Place pork chops in a shallow dish or a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. Stir together vinegar and next five ingredients. Pour over pork chops; cover or seal, and chill one to two hours. Remove pork chops from marinade, discarding marinade. Grill pork chops, covered with grill lid, over high heat (400 to 500-degrees) six minutes on each side or until done.

Recipe makes eight servings.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 10:45 PM   #3
Head Chef
Send a message via MSN to Caine
Use any or all of this recipe:

Chef Caine's Polynesian Pig-Out

4 boneless pork chops, pounded thin

1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
1/4 cup pineapple vinegar
1/4 cup sesame oil
2 Tbs brown sugar
2 tsp pepper
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp minced onion
4 cracked red chilis
2 tsp minced ginger
2 tsp salt

1 cup flour
2 eggs beaten with 1/4 cup milk
1 cup finely crushed macadamia nuts

1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 small green mango
1/3 cup crushed pineapple
3 Tbs chopped white onion
2 tsp lemon juice
2 Tbs Pineapple vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
1/2 small red bell pepper, chopped
4 scallions, sliced

Combine pineapple juice, teriyaki sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, brown sugar, pepper, garlic, onion, chilis, minced ginger, and salt in bowl and marinate pounded pork chops overnight. Remove pork chops from marinade and pat dry with paper towels..

Dredge pork chops in flour, egg mixture, then crushed macadamias. Fry coated pork chops in 4 Tbs sesame oil until done, turning once. Place one chop on each plate and top with chutney. Serve with fried rice and stir-fried broccoli, carrots, sugar snap peas, and water chestnuts,
Caine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 11:15 PM   #4
You could take a look at the recipes on the baby back ribs thread a few slots down on this list...

Loin chops are not that far removed from back ribs, so the flavourings would work about the same, just "tweak" to the method you select...

Tastes are different all over the continent (let alone the planet!), and there's always something to be saif for trying something "new" that looks "good" or within capability, or contents of the spice rack....

Do let us know what you decided, and how it turns out!

Lifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:42 AM   #5
Executive Chef
kitchenelf, you think I could use skillet for making these? I don't have grill. Limited in appliances. Thanks Don't you think I could fry them same amount of time as you do on the grill? Have to be careful with pork.
In the Kitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:52 AM   #6
Master Chef
Vanilla Balsamic Glaze

I mix together (I don't measure, sorry!)
Vanilla--probably about 1 tsp
Balsamic Vinegar--about 1/3 of a cup
Honey--just a really good squeeze of the bottle

Whisk it all together, set aside about 1/3 of mixture. Place chops in other 2/3 of mixture and let marinate, covered in fridge, for an hour or so. You can do these on the George Foreman, basting occasionally with the reserved marinade.

Leftovers are great sliced on a salad and served with a vinaigrette.
-A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand
PA Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 10:03 AM   #7
Executive Chef
Sounds good PA. I never seem loss for different meals anymore. Since my kids got computer, I never get all my work done. Getting meal prepared is high priority hence my attention to the board. Thanks.
In the Kitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 04:05 PM   #8
Assistant Cook
Really really simple for some good quality pork chops ...

Myers Spiced rum
little bit of pineapple juice
Our Dessert Recipes
robbdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 01:22 AM   #9
Assistant Cook
I like to mix Worchestershire sauce and A1, about 3 or 4 to 1. I always taste it to see if it's a the proper mixture, and will add one or the other to get the taste I want.

Then add garlic to taste. I like a good dried minced garlic like we can get down at Planters in KC. Doesn't seem to absorb as quick and gives it a better 'seeped' in taste.

I've used this marinade on beef roasts and pork chops. Works a little better on beef, IMHO, but an okay marinade. A bit on the sour side to me, but not so much as to turn me off to it.
Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 09:23 AM   #10
Master Chef
Pork goes so well with so many different flavors. Fruit, especially fruit with a bit of a bit, such as pineapple, apple, orange, cherry, mang, etc. goes very well with pork and can me used to make a wonderful marinade.

Or you could go the oriental rout with a teryaki maridande, or brine them, them coat with bread crumbs and shredded cocanut.

You can do equally well with a bit of chili powder, some brown sugar (or Splenda and mollases), onion, garlic, and bay leaf.

Pork is great with cloves and honey, or citrus and honey, or ginger and honey,etc.

It's also great when rubbed with sage, cayenne pepper, garlic, and onion.

Though I detest the flavor of mint, I believe pork would go very well with mint.

I know a pro-chef that marinated pork cutlets in root bear. I've seen other recipes that do the same with cola, or 7-UP, Orange Crush, etc. The citrus oils in these products work very well with pork (of course the root beer is flavored with either wintergreen or sasafrass root).

It just depends what you are in the mood for. Pick one of these ideas, or one of the flavorings from the previous posts. They are all good.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

“No amount of success outside the home can compensate for failure within the home…"

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote