Would It Hurt Pork Chops To Marinade Them In Champagne?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sydfan

Senior Cook
I have no white wine in the house, but I do have some champagne left over from New Year's eve. How do you think a pork chop would do in it? Would the carbonation mess it up?

Last edited:
Me...I would grill or fry those p-chops..and drink the Champagne while the fire got hot!;)

Seriously..I don't think so! Those bubbles would be gone in a jiffy!

Uncle Bob said:
Me...I would grill or fry those p-chops..and drink the Champagne while the fire got hot!;)

Seriously..I don't think so! Those bubbles would be gone in a jiffy!
Well, I've got good beer that I'll be drinking along with some fine Scotch, but I love how white wine flavors pork. And isn't champagne just white wine with some carbonation? I could be wrong. But I'm gonna give it a shot! Thanks!

:)

It will work just fine. Just make sure the champagne hasn't gone off. It is almost a month from New Year's and wines do go off rapidly.

Guess you'll just have to taste a bit along with the whisky and beer.

When you cook with sparkling wine it just turns into still wine - which by now it probably is. It should be fine - but you've probably eaten by now! :LOL:

I agree auntdot. Taste the champagne....then make your decision. I think if the cahmpagne is still good tasting...it will work. Since New Years Eve???

A white has a much better chance of still being good than a red. I hope sydfan comes back and lets us know how it turned out!

Hey guys!!!! They turned out pretty good! I could really taste the champagne!!! Still, I think it turns out better with a dryer white wine, but it was very usable!

Thanks for the help!!!!!

:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom