"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Pork

Old 07-25-2007, 12:44 PM   #51
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to Caine
My mother has made this recipe every Monday night for as far back as I can remember, and, according to my father, still does. \

4 pork chops, any style, bone in or out
2 Tbs olive oil
2 16 ounce cans Campbell's pork & beans or 1 28 ounce can Bush's homestyle beans
1 can of water for each bean can
salt & pepper to taste

Season pork chops with salt and pepper, then brown them in a skillet or frying pan on both sides in olive oil. Remove pork chops from skillet, drain off any fat, return pork chops to skillet, and add beans and water. Simmer over medium heat until water evaporates and a thick sauce forms. Serve with whatever you want for a vegetable and/or a salad of choice.

Oh, BTW, Progresso still makes two great Italian style tomato soups!

• Tomato Basil
• Tomato Rotini

Old 07-25-2007, 03:22 PM   #52
Head Chef

This may sound strange but here it is:

Melt butter in fry pan with one packet of dry onion soup mix. Add pork chops and brown both sides

Pour applesauce in baking dish and top with pork chops with pan drippings.

bake for 30 minutes

Old 09-09-2007, 04:30 AM   #53
Head Chef

Wow, This is a cookbook of porkchops - I will have to copy some off into a special notebook! I'm almost ashamed to add anything but my daughter and the grandkids like this one so much I shall. They don't go much for spices, a little salt and pepper, easy on both and that's about it.

They are good to have supper ready when she comes home from one of those 12 hour nursing days:

Dredge pork chops through beaten egg, then flour seasoned with salt and pepper, then egg again and then cornmeal. Cornbread mix turned out to be excellent by accident. Into a baking dish, cover well with good chicken stock, cover dish and into a preheated 350 F oven until the porkchops are really tender. They think it's great when the meat practically falls off the bone.

See, I said I was almost ashamed but they love these; ask for them as a matter of fact. So if you please family it's plenty good. :) David
Old 09-09-2007, 05:39 AM   #54
Head Chef

I love these.
Brown seasoned bone-in pork chops on both sides,. Add lots of sliced onions and apples , a litle more S & P, saute until onions are almost done. Roast in a 350 oven for about 15 mins. or until pork is just cooked through.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:15 AM   #55
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
after brining in Beer and salt (ciders good too), I top with grated cheese and a few drops of tobasco, and oven cook them.
that`s about as fancy as I get really, I prefer either pan fried or rolled in dried sage and garlic powder and then BBQ them.

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:20 PM   #56
Head Chef

Thank you lyndalou

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Cottrell View Post
Wow, This is a cookbook of porkchops - I will have to copy some off into a special notebook! I'm almost ashamed to add anything but my daughter and the grandkids like this one so much I shall. They don't go much for spices, a little salt and pepper, easy on both and that's about it.

See, I said I was almost ashamed but they love these; ask for them as a matter of fact. So if you please family it's plenty good. :) David
Now I am ashamed, lyndalou kinda reminded me that I brown them after dredging and before putting them into the baking dish. What time was it when I wrote that? I had no business being up at that hour!
Old 09-09-2007, 12:44 PM   #57
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
I marinate my chops in bruised sage, apple juice, salt and pepper for a day. Grill to medium and take off the heat, let carry over cooking do the rest.

Top them wit a compote of brandied green apples, caramelized vidallia onions, and brandied bing cherries. Like pork chips and apple sauce, all grown up.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:51 PM   #58
Sous Chef

Brown 4 bone-in 1" thick center cut pork chops, that has been lightly peppered and salted on both sides in a black cast iron pan w/a couple of tbsp of vegetable oil on medium high heat, both sides till brown and no blood runs out..Open a can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup and spoon on top of chops, fill the can w/about 3/4 canful of water and pour that over the soup mixture, blending together..Continue cooking on low, covered till the chops are tender..Serve.

appletart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 02:41 PM   #59
Assistant Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to Koral280
My favorite is Pineapple pork chops. Marinate the chops in teriyaki sauce for about 4-6 hours and then cook the chops any way you prefer till barely done. While the chops are cooking, open a can of dole pineapple chunks, pour the juice into a sauce pan and dice the pineapple just a little more, ( I suppose you could use crushed pineapple but I always have chunked). Put the pineapple pieces back in the juice and begin a low simmer. Add to YOUR taste Cayenne pepper and a little green tobasco sauce. Comes out wonderfully sweet with a the heat hitting you at the end of the chew. My family loves it.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:35 PM   #60
Head Chef

I made Bangbang's recipe last night for dinner. It came out great. My husband loved it.

Tags
None