Your Best Pork Chop Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine would be in a tomatillo gravy... which is a little too easy but I promise it's some of the best you've ever had.

Basically get the pork chops a frying. Once they start to brown throw in sliced onions and a diced tooth of garlic. Once the pork chops develop toasted spots throw in about a half cup of water and whirl it around in the pot to dislodge the stuck on bits. Even better of course is a shot of tequila instead of water. After that add about a cup of la costena tomatillo sauce or del monte out of one of those small cans if availabe and let this simmer for a few minutes. Then you are definatly all set!

Saucy Pork Chops

6 pork chops
1 med. onion chopped
1 can cream chicken soup
1/4 cup catsup
2 to 3 tsp. worcestshire sauce
In skillet brown pork chops on both sides in a little fat. season with salt and pepper. Top with onions, Combine the rest of the ingriedinents pour over chops, cover simmer for 35 to 45 min.

Bangbang said:
Pork Chops with Mushroom gravy

4 pork chops
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons oil

1. Brown the pork chops in the oil while they are browning, mix the cream of mushroom soup and onion soup mix together with one can of water.
2. After chops are browned add the mixture to the frying pan with the chops and simmer for about 45 minutes covered. Serve with mashed potatoes.

Ok, Bang, I am going to make your recipe tonight for dinner. I will let you know what I think. :)

I made Bang's recipe. They were great. The pork chops were nice and tender. The recipe was easy and would be good for a work night, soccer night, etc. I had it with mashed potatoes like Bang suggested. Yummy!! The recipe made plenty of sauce for me.

Well, I love Blackened anything, so please include pork chops!

However, here's one I did last week.

Grilled Pork Chops with Brandied Peach BBQ Sauce
Yields: 4 servings

Four bone-in center loin pork chops
2 T Blackened Seasoning
2 T olive oil
For the sauce:
1# fresh peaches
-or- frozen peaches
¼ c (½ stick) butter
1 T minced ginger
1 T brown sugar
¼ c brandy
½ c Mutha Sauce
1/8 t ground cinnamon
Salt and pepper to taste

Heat a grill and get it nice and hot.
Slit the bootstrap tendon on the side of each chop (if there is one) in one place so the chops won’t curl on the grill. Mix up a paste of the blackened seasoning and oil. Rub this generously into the chops. Set aside.
Slit the skin of the peaches on the bottom in a cross, then “shock” them by plunging them into boiling water for about 30 seconds. Remove, peel, and cut in half. Pluck out the pits, and slice the peaches up lengthwise.
Drop the butter into a saucepan and set over medium heat. Once it melts, add the ginger and cook until soft. Slide in the peach slices and brown sugar and give it a gentle stir. Pour in the brandy (carefully!) and ignite. Once the flame dies down, add the Mutha sauce and cinnamon and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Check the fire. If you’re using charcoal, spread a nice even coal bed and set the chops directly over the coals. When the juices rise up to the surface near the bone, give the chops a flip. Continue cooking until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 145 - 150°F. All in all, the chops should be done in 8 - 10 minutes. Don’t overcook them. Plate, and spoon some sauce over the chops.

Mutha sauce
Yields: 3 - 3 ½ c

2 T vegetable oil
½ c minced onion
¼ c minced green pepper
1 small (canned) jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
Pinch each salt and black pepper
1 T minced garlic
One 15 oz can tomato sauce
1 c Heinz ketchup
½ c water
¼ c + 2 T Worcestershire sauce
¼ c cider vinegar
2 T lemon juice
2 T molasses
2 T cayenne pepper sauce, such as Louisiana Brand Hot Sauce
2 T spicy brown mustard
¼ c + 2 T c dark brown sugar, packed
1 ½ t chili powder
1 t coarsely ground black pepper
¼ t ground allspice
1 ½ t liquid smoke, optional

Pour the oil into a large saucepan and set over medium-high heat. Toss in the onions, green peppers, and jalapeños, and give them a stir. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and cook until soft and golden. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Dump in everything else except the liquid smoke. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes. Swirl in the liquid smoke and let the sauce cool. Cover and refrigerate.

My favorite way to make pork chops is very simple. I take a pork loin, trim the chain while leaving the fat cap, and slice it into chops about 1" thick. I then wrap a slice of thick cut bacon around it, filet mignon style, and secure with two flat toothpicks. Coat liberally with Montreal Seasoning or Canada's Best Steak Spice and cook over med heat on your gas or charcoal grill.

You can brine them first, but the fat cap & bacon do a good job of keeping them juicy. You may want to keep a spray bottle of water handy to keep flareups down (lots of fat dripping from cap & bacon).

Just made this tonite, in fact!:chef::pig::chef: :ROFLMAO:

Pork Chops

I am not sure mom had a name for this but boy is it good!:pig:

4 to 6 boneless porkchops (I don't use the thin ones)
1 onion cubed
1 green pepper cubed
2 8 oz. cans tomatoe sauce

Quickly brown chops in a little oil and season with garlic powder,salt and pepper. Add the 2 cans of tomatoe sauce,onion and green pepper, and a small amount of water. Simmer over low heat for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or untill chops are tender. Serve chops with homemade mashed potatos. The tomatoe swauce makes a wonderful gravy. Very easy, comfort food.

Rob Babcock said:
My favorite way to make pork chops is very simple. I take a pork loin, trim the chain while leaving the fat cap, and slice it into chops about 1" thick. I then wrap a slice of thick cut bacon around it, filet mignon style, and secure with two flat toothpicks. Coat liberally with Montreal Seasoning or Canada's Best Steak Spice and cook over med heat on your gas or charcoal grill.

You can brine them first, but the fat cap & bacon do a good job of keeping them juicy. You may want to keep a spray bottle of water handy to keep flareups down (lots of fat dripping from cap & bacon).

Just made this tonite, in fact!:chef::pig::chef: :ROFLMAO:

Yum!! I will have to give this recipe a try. Thanks!! :cool:

My best are lightly seasoned with salt and pepper, then thrown on teh barbecue, along with soem maple chunks, covered and cooked about 4 minutes per side, using the direct heat method on a Webber Charcoal grill. A honey-mustard glaze, or a fruit glaze of cherry, pineapple, apple, terryaki, tomatoe base BBQ sauce, etc. can all be used with these chops, and are usually added as a sauce on the plate, rather than cooked onto the chops. That way, the meat recieves maximum flavor from the smoke.

And for those who day they don't have the time to BBQ, or to wait for the charcoal to heat up, I just crumple up about four sheets of newspaper, place it under the charcoal, in the belly of the kettle, lite it, and start preparing the sides. By the time the fire is hot, it's time to put the chops on. And as they take only about eight minutes to cook, they are done just as the side dishes complete. I mean, potatoes take about 30 minutes to cook, depending on the method. Most fresh veggies are the same, including prep time of course. :mrgreen:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Orange Pork Chops

My favorite recipe comes from an old Good Housekeeping cookbook.
4 centercut loin pork chops about 1" thick
Salt, pepper and paprika
2 - 4 tablespoons water
5 TBsp granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
10 whole cloves
2 tsp grated orange rind
1/2 cup orange juice
4 orange slices

Trim fat from chops and heat in hot skillet. remove
Sprinkle both sides of chops with salt, pepper and paprika
arrange chops in skillet. Cook over medium high heat until browned on both sides. Drain off fat as it accumulates. When chops are well browned, turn heat down and add water. Cover tightly and cook until tender, turning several times during cooking.
While chops are cooking, make glaze.
Cook all other ingredients (except orange slices) til thickened and clear. Add orange slices and turn off heat. Serve chops with glaze and slices on top.

Last edited:
My Mom used to make this so simple but so good. The chops are always juicy and tender.

Baked Pork Chops

6 Pork Chops (not too thin)
1 can Campbells tomato soup (do not dilute)
1 or 2 large onions. sliced

Preheat oven to 325º

In a 9x13 baking dish, layer porkchops in one layer. cover completly with onion slices.
Spread soup over all. Cover with foil and seal around edges.

Bake 1 1/2 hours.
Serve over Rice, Noodles or Mashed Potatoes. Husband is partial to the potatoes with the sauce and onions mixed in.

marmalady said:
"Grandma's pork chops' - this is the way she did it - I've never been able to exactly duplicate it, but close!

Make a seasoned flour mixture of flour, s/p, lots of dried sage, a little garlic powder. Heat about 1/2 inch of oil in a large skillet over medium high, dip pork chops in flour to coat well. Put chops in skillet, cook to brown on each side; drain any x-tra oil, put about 1/4 cup of water in the skillet, cover skillet and lower heat to med. low; cook til done and tender in the middle. Remove lid, turn heat back up to 'crisp' them a little. Remove the chops and make a pan gravy by adding a little oil to the skillet; use some of the leftover flour mixture; cook that up a minute or so, then add water/milk/stock to make a gravy; season the gravy if needed with more s/p and sage.

Re someone's comment about not being able to find loin chops with enuf fat on them anymore - shop around! I found, both in Jersey and here in SC, if I look at the -how do I say this without offending anyone, which I certainly don't mean to do - more ethnically oriented groceries, the pork selection is better, and looks like pork is supposed to look. The high end groceries trim the heck out of their meat to appeal to the 'yuppie' crowd.
Point - shop where the common folk shop!
This is how I make mine all the time -is if I want fried--love-em, best gravy too ! I like the bnls. sirloin too, not as lean. Pork rules !

I love cooking pork chops. I just make sure I use a super-low temperature like 200 degrees in the oven. It doesn't take much longer since I usually buy thin cut chops. But tomorrow I'll be doing a nice thick one that will take a bit longer.

I usually just put some olive oil in a baking dish, drop the chop on in and coat it with the oil. Then I season it with a grinder I have of Italian Seasonings.

Or I sometimes whip up my own with some of these:
Garlic, Rosemary, Thyme and fresh ground Black Pepper.

I usually skip salt altogether, but I sometimes add a dash of Sea or Kosher salt.

It usually flakes apart with just a fork when it's done. It comes out very tender.

I do the same with chicken too.

You can cut these with a fork!

Pork Chops

6 pork chops
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
bread crumbs

Instructions: Beat egg & milk. Dip chops in egg & milk mixture. Cover chops with bread crumbs. Brown in 1" of oil. Remove from oil & place in baking dish. Add 1/4 cup boiling water to baking dish. Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 400* for 50 - 60 minutes.

Here's one of two recipes my family has always enjoyed.

Pork Chop Pasta Dinner

1-1/2 cups corkscrew macaroni or elbow macaroni
6 pork chops, cut 1/2-inch thick (seasoned with salt and pepper)
2 tablespoons cooking oil
16 ounce can tomato sauce
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 teaspoon dried, crushed basil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dried, crushed oregano
Dash black pepper
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
* See note below

Cook macaroni according to pkg. directions; drain.
Lightly spray the inside of a 13x9x2-inch baking pan,
with a cooking spray.
Add macaroni to the baking pan.

In a skillet, heat cooking oil.
Add already seasoned pork chops; drain off excess fat.
Arrange chops over the macaroni in baking pan.
Combine tomato sauce, onion, Worcestershire Sauce,
basil, salt, sugar, garlic powder, oregano and pepper.
Pour sauce over chops and macaroni.
Sprinkle 1 tsp. grated parmesan cheese, over each chop.
Cover, and bake in a 350 degree oven, for 45 minutes.
Serve with additional parmesan cheese, if desired.
Serves 6.

*Note: Sometimes I'll pour half of the tomato
sauce mixture over the macaroni, and the rest
of the sauce over the chops, before baking.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the amazing recipes! Please continue to share for those who haven't added their favorite recipe.

A great Fall recipe! From Patricia Rain of Vanilla.com

Grilled Pork Chops With Vanilla-Scented Apples

Makes 4 servings

Ingredients:

4 loin or rib pork chops
3 large Fuji or other firm, sweet apples, cored, peeled and sliced into 12 slices
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 cup apple juice or cider
1/2 to 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (or to taste)
salt and pepper to taste

Preparation:

Grill or pan cook pork chops until barely done. Place on a platter in a warm oven.

Add butter and brown sugar to pan used to cook pork chops and set over medium heat. Stir butter and sugar to blend well and to allow to caramelize slightly and to loosen small pieces of the pork chops.

Add apple juice or cider and apple slices. Cook apples just until done, then remove with a slotted spoon and set apples aside.

Reduce the pan juices to two to three tablespoons. Remove from heat and add vanilla, salt and pepper. Add apple slices and return to heat until the apples are hot. Pour over the pork chops. Serve with rice or potatoes.

Corinne said:
You can cut these with a fork!

Pork Chops

6 pork chops
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
bread crumbs

Instructions: Beat egg & milk. Dip chops in egg & milk mixture. Cover chops with bread crumbs. Brown in 1" of oil. Remove from oil & place in baking dish. Add 1/4 cup boiling water to baking dish. Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 400* for 50 - 60 minutes.

:flowers: :clap:
Corinne,
I had 8 chops I’d cut from a boneless loin, and must admit I was skeptical that 50-60 min @ 400° would yield leather. But I “bit” when I read the part about cutting them with a fork. OMG, it is so true! I did use cornflake crumbs, as I am not a huge fan of bread crumbs, and I added some fresh ground pepper and some garlic. Other than that, I followed this to the letter.
The only thing we used knives for was putting butter on our biscuits! I served this with my signature mashed Yukons, fresh cranberry sauce, and shoepeg corn. I also doctored up my leftover pork roast gravy with some sour cream so it was more suited to chops. It was a hit with the whole family! Thank you so much.
Now where do I send the karma? (JK, I can figure that out….) ;)

Back
Top Bottom