Veal Tenderloin in Phyllo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
Veal Tenderloin in Phyllo
Yields: 8 servings

¼ c butter
½ c finely chopped onions
3 c chopped wild mushroom mixture
Salt and pepper, to taste
eight 4 oz Veal tenderloins
¼ c olive oil
20 sheets phyllo dough
½ c butter
2 large eggs
2 T water
For the cheese souffle:
½ c flour
1 ¾ c milk
Salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste
¼ c grated Parmesan cheese
1 T butter
4 large egg yolks
4 large egg whites
For the Madeira Sauce:
1 ½ c Knorr’s Brown Sauce, prepared
2 T Madeira

In sauté pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add onions and mushrooms. Sauté for 7 to 8 minutes, season with salt and pepper. Cool. Season veal with salt and pepper. In large, heavy skillet, heat oil on high until smoking. Carefully brown veal, turning as needed. Cool. Layer 5 phyllo sheets, brushing each with melted butter, continue with remaining sheets. Cut layered phyllo in half lengthwise. Turn veal tenderloin on edge and roll phyllo around it to form a tube. In small bowl, beat eggs and water to make egg wash. Brush seam to seal. Fold one side of tube under to enclose veal; leave other side of tube open. Stand veal on closed phyllo tube bottom so open end is on top. Spoon mushroom mixture onto veal. Top with Cheese Soufflé mixture (to follow). Bake on a greased baking pan in preheated 375°F oven for 35 - 40 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with Madeira Sauce (to follow) and grilled vegetables.
In saucepan over medium heat, mix flour, milk and seasonings together and bring to a boil. Stir continuously. Mixture will become very thick. Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese, butter and egg yolks. Whip egg whites to stiff peaks and fold into cheese mixture. Immediately spoon into phyllo tubes.
Heat brown sauce to a simmer and stir in Madeira wine.

I've got to start making notes of where I get some of my recipes. My apologies to the original poster.

I haven't had a chance to try it yet. Hopefully, I'll be able to get some veal from work soon.

That was me :) I thought the recipe might appeal to you. Hope it tastes as good as it looks.

Back
Top Bottom