"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Lamb

Old 06-01-2005, 09:13 PM   #1
Senior Cook

A heavenly moment

Most of this life we suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, but occasionally we have a momentary glimpse of heaven. Such was my lot tonight.

B/W bought some spring lamb chops, and, although she hates lamb (!!), she prepared them perfectly, and I all but swooned, they were so delicious. (O.K. Maybe I exaggerate a little - not sure what "swooning" is!)

Here's what she said she did:

Spring lamb chops (if the rib bones are more than 1/2" wide, they're too old! these were a tad over 3/8")

Salt and peppered (freshly ground, of course) both sides

Scrub both sides with a fresh garlic clove, cut in half.

Scrub both sides with leaves of fresh spearmint.

Sear both sides quickly in a hot cast iron skillet with just a touch of oil.

Transfer to a small rack over a drip pan of some sort, and roast in a preheated 350F oven for about 6 or 7 minutes.

Serve piping hot.

Those chops, with a butter slathered baked potato, a slice of my fresh homemade bread, wine and a green salad made a delightful dinner I'll not forget for a long time!

Old 06-01-2005, 09:36 PM   #2
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to masteraznchefjr
sounds good

masteraznchefjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 09:40 PM   #3
Master Chef

i love lamb chops.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:51 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
very nice!
Old 06-22-2005, 02:30 AM   #5
Master Chef

I can't think of anything that beats a serving of lamb ... except a double-portion of lamb!
Old 06-22-2005, 06:28 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

sounds wonderful..Makes me want to run to the meat market right now!! I will on saturday though. thanks for sharing.

kadesma
Old 06-22-2005, 06:31 PM   #7
Head Chef

You are one lucky coot!!!!! She doesn't like lamb yet she prepares it perfectly for you!!!!! Better be send'in for some roses my friend!
Old 06-22-2005, 10:38 PM   #8
Assistant Cook

I don't like lamb but it sounds so good I probably would eat it!!!
Old 07-22-2006, 12:27 PM   #9
Assistant Cook

Send a message via ICQ to dhampir Send a message via MSN to dhampir Send a message via Yahoo to dhampir
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs
i love lamb chops.
If your letters is in pink we can not read what you are saying please change the Color so we can read it but no light colors please!
Old 08-02-2006, 10:58 AM   #10
Assistant Cook

In January this year I was fortunate enough to spend a great weekend in Rome with a very good friend of mine. A fantastic experience - to see Rome with a Roman (and god bless my wife who was working and could not make the trip).
Anyway, this guy is a doctor and originally hails from a little town not too far from Rome called Santa Maria. When he had been home the previous summer he had helped a very senior lady back to good health. In return, she arrived at his door with the butchered carcass of her finest lamb. He took it to Rome and stowed it in his freezer. He decided, since I had helped him translate his papers into English for publication, that the lamb would be our Sunday celebration lunch. Bellisimo!!!! It was simply roast with rosemary, potatoes, garlic and beans. What, I think, mattered was the quality of the lamb - truly organic, bred and fed on the hills beyond Rome. It was a meal that ended on a high note, my short (4 day) visit to the Eternal City.

After the lunch, my friend drove me to see Lazio, and not being a football fan he dropped me at the stadium. Later, he picked me back up to take me for a final drive around Roma before taking me the airport. Italian hospitality!!! (I could go on and on about the days leading up to my final lunch, and I frequently do.)

Tags
None