BBQ Char Siu Lamb Cutlets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheHummer

Cook
A bit of convenience food, so simple but tastes so good. Pork works well if you can't get any lamb.

2 cloves garlic, crushed
¼ cup each : Char Siu sauce, soy sauce
12 lamb cutlets or chops

1 Combine the garlic, char siu and soy in a plastic bag.
2 Place the lamb in the bag. Move the meat around so it is well coated. Marinate in the fridge for abour 1 hour.
3 Remove the lamb. Grill over a medium heat for a bout 5 minutes each side or until the juices run clear. Baste regularly with the marinade.

Servings: 4

How is it possible for ANYONE to consume such an icky meat....I tried it once and I don't kow if its the way you cook it but I swear I will never put myself thru something so horrifying again!

When it is not cooked right it can taste horrible, but when done well lamb is one of the best tasting meats IMO.

a lot of people have bad memories of lamb probably from parents not cooking it right. For me one of my earliest memories is dad grilling lamb chops on the grill. He would do this probably twice a week in the old days. We'll broil some for him on Easter when we visit him.

tancowgirl2000 said:
How is it possible for ANYONE to consume such an icky meat....I tried it once and I don't kow if its the way you cook it but I swear I will never put myself thru something so horrifying again!

It's all how it's cooked and how old the lamb was when butchered. OLD sheep taste horrid.. cute baby lambs cooked directly after butchering taste GREAT if cooked correctly.
There's nothing like waking up in the village in Greece and seeing the neighbors butcher the lambs and a few hours later having dinner. YUMMMMMY! Goat is pretty wonderful too!

Pdswife yes you are so right and for me now this brings up childhood memories. Although I am not a meat fanatic and prefer my veggies over red meat any day I have to say that I grew up on lamb and goat that was freshly butchered and consumed the same day. No one bought meat and ever froze it. That's a thing I learned when I moved to the US.

The meat that is freshly butchered and not from old animals is so much more succulent.

Everything we ate back in India - fish, chicken, lamb, goat would be considered unhygenic from a West perspective because it was sold in meat markets that were all out in the open (covered only by a roof but all the butchers sitting and chopping away their meat, it was quite a sight) but was so much better tasting.

Lamb chops on the grill are great!

We also have done a hazlenut crusted rack of lamb, pretty darn good too.

oh I made a Rachel Recipe for my lamb chops this weekend. I think it was hers:

Basically a marinade made of jar of marinated mushrooms, jar of marinated artichokes, put these into food processor. Add a little olive oil and fresh tarragon and salt/pepper.

I used dried Rosemary instead of tarragon. It still came out pretty good. I guess she simply spread it on the lamb chops cold.

ANy comments? additions?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom