Crock Pot Lamb's Breast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Timothy

Head Chef
I've never eaten or cooked Lamb's Breast.

I'd like to cook it in the crock pot and then pour off the grease and use the meat in a Lamb Stew.

How long should I cook it in the crock pot? I have a large crock pot that the entire breast will fit in, in two pieces.

Has anyone cooked one this way? If so, what else did you put in the crock pot with it?

I have to cook it in a manner that will allow me to freeze the leftovers. It's only me eating it and it looks like several meals worth.

Any suggestions are welcome! :chef:

createtv.com, Lidia (the Italian cook) did a Chima (sp) which is veal breast stuffed with fritatta. It looked really, really good. I'd think you could make it in the crockpot. The recipe should be on the createtv.com web site.

createtv.com, Lidia (the Italian cook) did a Chima (sp) which is veal breast stuffed with fritatta. It looked really, really good. I'd think you could make it in the crockpot. The recipe should be on the createtv.com web site.

All I could find was the episode, (#322), that it is shown. I didn't see the recipe itself anywhere. It's been a long day, so I may have just missed it.

I have it in the freezer, so there isn't any rush. My freezer stays packed. Meat sale? Where? :pig:

Last edited:
I would could it low and slow.
Make a few small deep slits in the meat and push a whole clove of garlic in each slit. Fry up 2 nice big onions in large chunks and add to the pot, some chopped celery, and carrots.
Season lamb well. Drop in a bay leaf, some rosemary, thyme or any herbs you have on hand. Add a splash of W/Sauce for good colour and meaty flavour.
Just cover with stock and let it cook gently for 4 hours or more if you have time.

I would could it low and slow.
Make a few small deep slits in the meat and push a whole clove of garlic in each slit. Fry up 2 nice big onions in large chunks and add to the pot, some chopped celery, and carrots.
Season lamb well. Drop in a bay leaf, some rosemary, thyme or any herbs you have on hand. Add a splash of W/Sauce for good colour and meaty flavour.
Just cover with stock and let it cook gently for 4 hours or more if you have time.

OMG! That sounds just delicious! Folks, we have a winner! It will go into the crock pot for a 10 hour slow-cook tomorrow!

Thanks!

Why thank you kind Sir, I'll be waiting for my Noddy badge in the post :)
Enjoy, wish I was there to share!

I have no idea what a "Noddy Badge" is...but it sounds like an award, so I'll send you two! One for the recipe :chef: and one just because you're so friendly! :D

If you want some if it, just come to florida and take a left turn! I'm on the coast about 30 miles from Jacksonville!

I have no idea what a "Noddy Badge" is...but it sounds like an award, so I'll send you two! One for the recipe :chef: and one just because you're so friendly! :D

If you want some if it, just come to florida and take a left turn! I'm on the coast about 30 miles from Jacksonville!

"Noddy Badge" Is just a little saying we use :) "I didn't do much but thanks for the credit kind of thing"
Better make that really low and slow, it's going to be a long swim from Africa and I have no sense of direction! :ROFLMAO:

And you are just as friendly :)

"Noddy Badge" Is just a little saying we use :) "I didn't do much but thanks for the credit kind of thing"
Better make that really low and slow, it's going to be a long swim from Africa and I have no sense of direction!
there's not much left of Florida north of Jacksonville, so from SA you'll want to turn right when you hit the coast, not left . . . . just for the 'in case' situation.....

don't laugh. here's what googlemaps says for Washington, DC to Tokyo, Japan:

36. Kayak across the Pacific Ocean Entering Hawaii
37. Continue straight 0.1 mi
38. Turn left onto Kuilima Dr 0.5 mi
39. Take the 3rd right onto HI-83 W 12.4 mi
40. Continue straight onto HI-99 S/Kamehameha Hwy 6.5 mi
41. Slight left onto HI-80 S/Kamehameha Hwy
42. Take the Interstate H-2 S ramp to Honolulu 0.2 mi
43. Merge onto I-H-2 S 7.9 mi
44. Merge onto I-H-1 E 4.7 mi
45. Take exit 13B toward Halawa Hts. Stadium 0.3 mi
46. Merge onto I-H-201 E 4.1 mi
47. Merge onto I-H-1 E 4.1 mi
48. Take exit 23 for Punahou St toward Waikiki/Manoa 0.2 mi
49. Turn right onto Punahou St 0.1 mi
50. Take the 1st right onto S Beretania St 0.1 mi
51. Take the 1st left onto Kalakaua Ave 1.9 mi
52. Kayak across the Pacific Ocean Entering Japan

there's not much left of Florida north of Jacksonville, so from SA you'll want to turn right when you hit the coast, not left . . . . just for the 'in case' situation.....

37. Continue straight 0.1 mi
38. Turn left onto Kuilima Dr 0.5 mi
39. Take the 3rd right onto HI-83 W 12.4 mi
40. Continue straight onto HI-99 S/Kamehameha Hwy 6.5 mi
41. Slight left onto HI-80 S/Kamehameha Hwy
42. Take the Interstate H-2 S ramp to Honolulu 0.2 mi
43. Merge onto I-H-2 S 7.9 mi
44. Merge onto I-H-1 E 4.7 mi
45. Take exit 13B toward Halawa Hts. Stadium 0.3 mi
46. Merge onto I-H-201 E 4.1 mi
47. Merge onto I-H-1 E 4.1 mi
48. Take exit 23 for Punahou St toward Waikiki/Manoa 0.2 mi
49. Turn right onto Punahou St 0.1 mi
50. Take the 1st right onto S Beretania St 0.1 mi
51. Take the 1st left onto Kalakaua Ave 1.9 mi

Don't laugh? :ROFLMAO: You lost me at Kayak! Better go pee before I wet my pants :ROFLMAO:

Oh gosh darnit, I'm still bloody laughing like a lunatic!
Maybe the dream that a posted I had of getting lost in the Kalahari was some kind of premonition of my Kayak trip to help Timothy eat his lamb..lol!

Last edited:

OMG, that's funny! Snip is coming from Africa. I thought she might come in on the east coast above Florida...haha, Then it would be a left turn into Florida...hehe

Oh gosh darnit, I'm still bloody laughing like a lunatic!
Maybe the dream that a posted I had of getting lost in the Kalahari was some kind of premonition of my Kayak trip to help Timothy eat his lamb..lol!

Got that Kayak packed yet?

OMG, that's funny! Snip is coming from Africa. I thought she might come in on the east coast above Florida...haha, Then it would be a left turn into Florida...hehe

Got that Kayak packed yet?

Nearly..lol! hard to fit enough food for trip so I hope that's a big piece of lamb!!!
Might have to hop on a donkey to get to the nearest ocean first :ROFLMAO:

Nearly..lol! hard to fit enough food for trip so I hope that's a big piece of lamb!!!
Might have to hop on a donkey to get to the nearest ocean first :ROFLMAO:

I can just see you riding a little donkey hauling a cart loaded up with a kayak on top! :LOL:

Whoops! Better take that last cake off the cart....:ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• OL-Donkey-Cart.jpg
    OL-Donkey-Cart.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 510
I did lamb breast last weekend and slow roasted it with ras el hanout rubbed onto it. It was lovely and the slow roasting made all the fat come out yet the meat was still as juicy as you'd expect from lamb.

Hey Jenand, thanks for letting me know how it turns out roasted. If you could tell me exactly how you roasted it, I'll mimic your methods.

I slow cooked one in the Crock Pot today and here is what I turned out with:

1. Easily removed rib bones. Not so easily removed cartilage.

2. About 4 cups of beautiful, moist, awesomely flavored lamb meat.

3. Four cups of very loose but firm enough to lift with a fork; fat.

4. 3 quarts of broth that looks like its about 10% fat.

5. One pint of fat strained off the top of the broth.

I have the broth/fat in the fridge to separate tonight. Tomorrow, I'll remove the rest of the fat and pitch it all in the trash.

I'll end up with about 2.5 quarts of rich lambs broth and 4 cups of meat.

IMHO, not worth the effort. I won't be doing this one again.

I'll try an indirect cook in the BBQ maybe...

Worked out to $10 for 4 cups of meat and a lot of labor and cleanup.

Back
Top Bottom