How Should Lamb Chops be Cooked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
We skipped going to the Bacon Fest and went and had dinner at a place that we had never been to before. BIG MISTAKE.:ohmy:

First off I think some Yelp reviewers are liars. I would only have rated the place a 1, and that's just because I'm nice.They gave the place almost 5 stars.. Seriously?
That being said. I went out of my comfort zone and ordered what should have been Lamb chops. It was the Special on the dinner menu. They were chopped alright.

Never having it before I'm suspecting they over cooked it. Is Ketchup supposed to accompany it? I thought mint jelly was the rule.
It was tough as nails. dry as dust, flavorless. S&P was the only seasoning. Is that the way it should have been cooked?

Hubby and I traded plates. He's such a gentleman. :flowers:

Ummm, the fish and chips that he ordered wasn't Cod as the menu said it was supposed to be. Rubber bands was more like it.
Our dogs loved it. They would.:rolleyes:

Lamb should be cooked like a good steak - the way you like it. I like it med-rare.

Make sure you do a Yelp review.

One of my favorite meals to cook is loin lamb chops from Costco. I don't think I'd ever order them out for fear of them not being done to my liking. They should be juicy and full of flavor cooked not more than pink, and ketchup with them would "insult" the lill darlings. Try cooking them at home Munky! We like them pan fried, seasoned with salt, Herbs de Provence and garlic powder.

Sorry about your lousy meal!

Lamb should be cooked like a good steak - the way you like it. I like it med-rare.

Make sure you do a Yelp review.

I was going to Andy. But my phone wanted me to D/L the Yelp App and then pay for it. Unbelievable!

It's just easier to come here and ask. We already know we ain't goin' back!:ohmy::ROFLMAO:

I google lamb chops while we waited. To me every pic looked like mini prime rib steaks. I like a med rare to.

One of my favorite meals to cook is loin lamb chops from Costco. I don't think I'd ever order them out for fear of them not being done to my liking. They should be juicy and full of flavor cooked not more than pink, and ketchup with them would "insult" the lill darlings. Try cooking them at home Munky! We like them pan fried, seasoned with salt, Herbs de Provence and garlic powder.

Sorry about your lousy meal!

I've seen them at Costco.Had a tough time buying them.
Were due for another run at Costco. Your right if you want something done right do it yourself.

That dinner was my first at try trying Lamb. It was a huge hurdle for me to get past what I raised as an FFA project. LOL!!!!:LOL::ROFLMAO:

I had lamb chops when we went out for our anniversary dinner Thursday night and they were perfect :yum: Medium-rare with a nice salty crust. The chef came out to tell me he was playing around with a pan sauce - roasted garlic with mint. It was really wonderful. I dipped my asparagus in it, too :) Mint is a traditional flavor with lamb, but it doesn't have to be jelly.

I like to take a frenched rack of lamb and cut them into 2 bone pieces, then make a wet rub with some chopped garlic, olive oil, and chopped fresh rosemary OR oregano. Let them sit for a while and then grill to med rare. I used to do 1 bone cuts but they can be too thin and overcook. Oh S and P them while rubbing.

I'm sorry you had such a bad restaurant experience with your first time ordering lamb chops, munky. Sounds like they messed up pretty bad, from overcooking down to the catsup. :ermm:

I love them grilled. :yum: I like a blend of olive oil, a little chopped rosemary, garlic, and s & p - coat them with that and let them sit for a couple of hours before grilling. They're also good pan seared and broiled, but I wouldn't cook them much more than med rare. You want that nice crusty char and pink inside, that you would like on a good steak.

Lamb chops

I buy Costco. Always thick and juicy.

Coat in EVOO, pepper, heavy on the fresh rosemary. 1 minute each side on a hot CI skillet to sear, then a quick pass through a warm kitchen to finish.

I find that most lamb chops are overcooked, and overcooked lamb fat leaves a bad taste. So too does spring lamb that is a wee bit older than springy.

I can't imagine ketchup on a well prepared lamb chop.

Ketchup on lamb chops is an abomination.

Cook them as you would cook a steak A mint sauce is good but never never mint jelly.

The restaurant you went to great lengths to cover the flavor of the lamb. Plain stupid if you ask me.

Simple lamb marinade for 2 lamb chops.

1/2 cup oil
1/2 squeezed lemon
1/2 Tbls rosemary
1/4 tsp salt and pepper
1 clove garlic minced
1/4 tsp dried sage

Last edited:
Lamb chops are my favorite cut of meat. This is how I like them! :yum:

img_1471026_0_71eb4e4520631e64ceef2266d0c73477.jpg

That looks so delicious Steve. For some strange reason, I am so leery of any meat other than beef, cooked that raw looking. I really need to work on that and get over it. I am missing out on a lot of good food. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom