Lamb for Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyndalou

Head Chef
We visited friends this past month and on our last day there, our hostess fixed us what she called a Lebanese breakfast. This is how she prepared it

! lb of lamb (ground) cooked in a lightly oiled skillet with salt and pepper to taste, about 1/8 tsp. freshly ground allspice , the zest and juice of one lemon.
When the lamb was cooked through, she took eggs and broke them on top of this mixture and pierced the yolk once with a fork. She covered the skillet and let cook until the eggs were just done.

It was wonderful. She served it with pita, greek olives, and a good sharp cheese. Oh yes, also sliced tomatoes.

What a treat. I have since made it for a supper for us and we enjoyed it tremendously.

I have some ground lamb in the freezer. I might just have to try this!! I'm sure hubby would love it!! Thank you for posting!

GB, perhaps you could sub the eggs with a good melting cheese. Something with a mild flavour so as to not over power the lamb. It would change the origional but still keep lamb on the breaky menu.

Thanks GB, I hear where you are coming from, eggs and I don't get along too well, I usually just bake with them as they bother my system when consumed as is (weird I know).

Maybe something like haluomi, jack or (Canadian) oka - I like all these for there melt-ability and subtle flvour :)

Back
Top Bottom