Lamb stew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i bought shoulder chops , i shall tell you how it goes , tommorrow . Are you on messenger.

anyone else want to give me there im /pm or email via pm i will be most grateful to chat to you as you all seem nice people.

Just had the stew and it was very ncie for such a cold evening . Thanks for all your help.

it was nice but i never seem to do a dish twice although i like as i always find another recipe thats new that catches my eye

I have bought about 20 cook books over 2 years so to justify the cost i make sure i use which means i forgot what i like as i continually moving on from one recipe to the next. I even have an australian cook book i havent reached yet.

not sure havent looked at it yet but it had alot of asian fushion dishes which looked scrummy

i might add some barley to the irish stew to thicken the sauce up a bit what do you reckon.

Why not? Very hearty then. Go easy on them though you still want the lamb and veges to shine through the gravy. Put any red wine in yet? Makes it a bit richer.

Easy, Cheap Irish Lamb Stew

I've made this a couple of times and love it: it's inexpensive (but is RICH!), easy and delicious comfort food.

What more can one ask for? :)

Lee

Irish Lamb Stew (crockpot)

2 1/2 cups chicken broth
5 carrots, peeled and sliced
2 leeks, white part sliced (or one large onion)
4 cloves chopped garlic
1 lb potatoes, scrubbed and cubed (about 5 medium, or 6 small)
3 lbs lamb neck pieces or shoulder chops
1 pkg frozen peas
salt
pepper
pinch of fresh rosemary (optional)

Heat the chicken broth in a saucepan to boiling. Put all the fresh vegetables in the crockpot and place the lamb on top of the vegetables.

Pour the chicken stock over all. Add salt and pepper. Sprinkle just a pinch of fresh minced rosemary on top.

Cook on HIGH for about 4 hours or LOW for about 8 hours. Add frozen peas for last 30 minutes.

Serve with crusty bread.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom