"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Lamb

Old 10-31-2008, 04:39 PM   #21
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantsKat View Post
Ok.....I havent had lamb since I was younger & my parents made it, I DID NOT like it! But now Im thinking maybe ground lamb may taste a little different? esp if its in a recipe like this where its mixed with other ingredients???
I like lamb alot, but have had it at other peoples homes or at a restaurant and it was terrible.

Old 10-31-2008, 04:41 PM   #22
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to GrantsKat
lol yeah I know Trish, Ive made stuffed peppers & tomatoes with the beef mixture but I wanted to try something different & the lamb would be a nice change of pace! Im going to have to go hunting for a butcher!!!!

Babymaker
GrantsKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 04:42 PM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
How did they cook it Jeekinz?
Old 10-31-2008, 04:42 PM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantsKat View Post
lol yeah I know Trish, Ive made stuffed peppers & tomatoes with the beef mixture but I wanted to try something different & the lamb would be a nice change of pace! Im going to have to go hunting for a butcher!!!!

can you ask your local store to order you a few pounds...it freezes well.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:53 PM   #25
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife View Post
How did they cook it Jeekinz?
I haven't had a good roasted leg of lamb yet in my life. When I see them on the shelf at the store I just pick up a rack instead. Being so lean, it can easily dry out. Shanks and a few other cuts are very gamey, which I do not like. I stick with the racks for the lightest flavor.

If you want to experiment. You can get a package of those "lollipop" sliced rack of lamb. Salt, pepper and into a hot pan with oil. Thats all. Cook them over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes per side (depending on how thick they are). They're good grilled too.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:04 PM   #26
Chef Extraordinaire

somewhere... I have a recipe for lamb shanks that is to die for. DELISH! Moist and filled with flavor. I'll try to find it...

and leg of lamb I can do pretty well too..stuff it with about a million cloves of garlic, rub with oil, lemon juice and spices.. bake and enjoy! It won't be gamey if it's killed young.

Tags
None