Lamb stuffed tomatoes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdswife

Chef Extraordinaire
:):cool:First make up a batch of your favorite parmesan mashed potatoes and set aside. I added cheese, butter, salt,pepper, parsley and milk to mine.

1 pound ground ground lamb ( can use beef but lamb is better)
chopped garlic. ( amount is up to you I used 5 cloves but we LOVE garlic.)
1 small chopped onion
olive oil
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 cup garlic bread crumbs
4 large tomatoes
salt and pepper to taste

put a tablespoon of olive oil in your frying pan and add onions and garlic
cook until soft.

Add lamb and cook until no longer pink.

Add Salt and pepper to taste.

Mix bread crumbs and parmesan cheese together. You can add Oregano, parsley, garlic, onion powder and or any other spices that you like also.

Cut the tops off of your tomatoes and remove the seeds.

Fill the bottom half of the tomato with mashed potatoes
Fill the top half with the meat mixture
Top with the bread crumbs

Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes.

;)

wow! this sounds SO good! I am just starting to like tomatoes and this is going to rock my world, I know it!

UB... There is never too much garlic!! Add as much as you want!!!

BUCKY, THIS IS WONDERFUL!!! ENJOY!!

Rock on Foodisfood! It's GOOOD!

Let me know what ya think. Opinions ( happy nice polite ones lol) are always welcome!!

lol.. there's always another trip to the grocery store down the road..another tomato waiting to be filled. lol!

I have about 4 tomatoes left ... used the last ones with this last night. I'm going to miss those fresh from the garden tomatoes!!

Ok.....I havent had lamb since I was younger & my parents made it, I DID NOT like it! But now Im thinking maybe ground lamb may taste a little different? esp if its in a recipe like this where its mixed with other ingredients???

It's really good Kathe! Your parents may have bought a piece of lamb that was more of a sheep. That doesn't taste good at all. It has to be young. And you're right with all the garlic and spices in this the lamb flavor is very mild.

Ok, I'll try it! I love stuffed tomatoes and I like the idea of putting the mashed potatoes in as well!
Only thing is, I may not be able to find ground lamb : ( As a matter of fact I dont recall ever seeing a leg of lamb around here!!

lol.. well it will work with beef. ( the real recipe started with beef and peppers...) so you can do it that way too! :)

Back
Top Bottom