London Broil & Rack of Lamb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vilasman1

Senior Cook
Here I am outside of DC watching the snow fall potential stuck till monday.
It's not so bad, there's a major mall and grocercy stores within walking distance.

Any who, I have a london broil and a Rack of lamb, that I bought yesterday all nice and plastic wrapped in the ice box. So what do I do with them, if I can't get wifey to cook them?

i'm with you vilasman. i have a rack of lamb cut into 2 rib portions that i'm gonna french and make on monday, but i'm not sure how i'm gonna make it. maybe grilled, maybe roasted with herbs, onions potatoes and fennel. looking for a good recipe.
tomorrow dw is making one of the turkeys that we got for free from a store promotion at christmas.

I made this the other day and it was a big hit. It was the first time I had made it, but it will become part of my regular repertoire.

London Broil with Steak Sauce Gravy

1 1/2 pounds shoulder London broil steak, 1 1/2 inches thick
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 shallot, finely chopped
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups beef broth
1/4 cup steak sauce

Turn broiler on. Brush meat with Worcestershire and season with salt and pepper. Cook London broil on top rack for 7-8 minutes on each side.

Place a small skillet over medium heat. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter, add finely chopped shallot, cook 2 minutes, then whisk in flour and cook 1 minute. Add 2 cups beef broth to the pan and bring to a bubble. Reduce the broth 2 minutes then add 1/4 cup steak sauce and black pepper, to taste.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom