Milk Fed Baby Lamb: Agnello Arrosto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
46112-albums880-picture4763.jpg

this is how it looks
I don't see anything.

Thanks for the measurements. It gets tricky with such an international group.

Sounds delicious, cheers Margi :chef:

Happy Holidays and Buongiorno,

Sheepherding is quintessential in Abruzzi e Molise, Italy. In the Gran Sasso Mountain Range, the secret to the divine roast lamb is, to rub herbs and Evoo on the lamb, 12 hours before roasting. This region of Italy, is an agricultural wonder.

Here is our Easter Roast Lamb Recipe:

One 5 to 7 pound boned and trimmed baby lamb
7 tblps evoo
1/2 cup of chopped herbs; oregano, savory, thyme, flat leaf parsley, mint, rosemary ... )

1. place the lamb bone side up on baking tray
2. rub 2 tblsps of evoo and 1/4 cup herbs on the lamb well, and marinate for 12 hrs. in covered deep glass dish
3. The next morning: preheat oven to 400 degrees farenheit
4. whisk 1/4 cup herbs and 1 tblsp Evoo and 1 shot glass of white wine and pour over lamb in roasting pan you are using
5. let sit 10 mins. before entering oven
6. roast the lamb until therometer reads 135 degrees for Medium Rare
7. baste with some more white wine and the pan juices
8. transfer lamb and pan juices to a platter and let stand 15 mins. before carving / slicing.
9. slice lamb on diagonal and drizzle lemon zest, fresh lemon juice and evoo lightly on lamb slices

*** serve with mint coulis or mint jelly and a red wine: Bordeaux 2003 or a Barolo or 100% Tempranillo from Valladolid or Zamora, Spain ...

Happy Easter.
Margi.

Kylie: Abruzzi Milk Fed Baby Lamb

Buonasera, Buenas Tardes, Good Afternoon Kylie,

Firstly, thank you for your lovely feedback.

This rural pastoral Abruzzi recipe is just spectacular ... It is simple, no fuss, easy ingredients and if the product is naturally raised, quality, substainable, ecological, and milk fed by its Mother, the Lamb roast shall melt in one´s mouth ... and be delectable with a simple marinade overnight.

This is how things are still done in the pastoral lands ...

My receptionist at the magazine had prepared this recipe in Madrid for her family; and they literally ate the whole roast at Christmas Day lunch !

So, I guess you can see I am the only one ! :ROFLMAO:

Have lovely evening.
Margi.

Kind regards.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom