"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Lamb
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-11-2013, 04:38 PM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
I'm glad it turned out for you. It looks like a nice slow cooker meal.
Just needs carrots, lol.
__________________

__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:49 PM   #32
Head Chef
 
KatyCooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 1,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I'm glad it turned out for you. It looks like a nice slow cooker meal.
Just needs carrots, lol.
I was sorely tempted to add carrots as it happens, but I resisted. Colour was provided by the tomatoes and olives.
__________________

__________________
KatyCooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 05:33 PM   #33
Master Chef
 
Kayelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: south central coast/California
Posts: 9,896
Looks and sounds like you had great success Katy! Sorry I didn't see this thread before now, but here's some info for the future.

I adore the flavor of lamb and cook it as often as I can. I also enjoy pronounced Greek flavors and always use Cavender's Greek Seasoning, even though some would turn up their nose at a prepared spice blend, this stuff is fantastic with lamb. I found that you can order it in the UK if you can't find it on your store shelves, so you may want to give it a try in the future. You won't be sorry.

Cavender's, All Purpose Greek Seasoning, 8 oz (227 g): Amazon.co.uk: Grocery
__________________
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 05:45 PM   #34
Head Chef
 
KatyCooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 1,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Looks and sounds like you had great success Katy! Sorry I didn't see this thread before now, but here's some info for the future.

I adore the flavor of lamb and cook it as often as I can. I also enjoy pronounced Greek flavors and always use Cavender's Greek Seasoning, even though some would turn up their nose at a prepared spice blend, this stuff is fantastic with lamb. I found that you can order it in the UK if you can't find it on your store shelves, so you may want to give it a try in the future. You won't be sorry.

Cavender's, All Purpose Greek Seasoning, 8 oz (227 g): Amazon.co.uk: Grocery
Oh, I don't have a problem with prepared spice blends Kayelle. I think they have their place - though I like to do things from scratch as far as possible. However, I regularly use Ras-el-Hanout and Berbere spice blends rather than make them up myself. So thanks for the suggestion!
__________________
KatyCooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:41 PM   #35
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
I recently received a Berbere sample jar from Penzeys Spices. LOVE that stuff on chicken wings. Very nice flavor.
I noticed that Penzeys and Cavenders Greek seasoning is quite a bit different from each other. Noticeably, no lemon in the Cavenders.
__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:47 PM   #36
Head Chef
 
KatyCooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 1,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I recently received a Berbere sample jar from Penzeys Spices. LOVE that stuff on chicken wings. Very nice flavor.
I noticed that Penzeys and Cavenders Greek seasoning is quite a bit different from each other. Noticeably, no lemon in the Cavenders.
I find it very tasty on all sorts of things Pac - (the Berbere I mean). I have been known to sprinkle a little on potato wedges before I put them in the oven.
__________________
KatyCooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:51 PM   #37
Head Chef
 
KatyCooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 1,135
I've stripped the meat off the remaining lamb shank.

Now, don't be appalled people, but my plan for the left over lamb tomorrow is to throw it, along with the remaining potatoes (chopped), into a frying pan and fry it all together in butter. I'll add a few peas and sliced green beans (and who knows, maybe even some carrots to pacify Pac! )
__________________
KatyCooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:10 PM   #38
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyCooks View Post
I've stripped the meat off the remaining lamb shank.

Now, don't be appalled people, but my plan for the left over lamb tomorrow is to throw it, along with the remaining potatoes (chopped), into a frying pan and fry it all together in butter. I'll add a few peas and sliced green beans (and who knows, maybe even some carrots to pacify Pac! )
Now why would we be appalled, Katy? Sounds wonderful!

I'll have to go in search of the Berbere!
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #39
Head Chef
 
KatyCooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 1,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Now why would we be appalled, Katy? Sounds wonderful!
Well, it's not exactly "haute cuisine" is it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post

I'll have to go in search of the Berbere!

It's good stuff! Definitely worth trying if you like spice!
__________________
KatyCooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:24 PM   #40
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyCooks View Post

Well, it's not exactly "haute cuisine" is it!

It's good stuff! Definitely worth trying if you like spice!
Yes, we're all "haute cuisine" here! Speaking as one who unabashedly uses Cream of Something soup along with Velveeta, often times in combination.
__________________

__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cook, crock pot, lamb, other, slow cooker

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.