Slow Cooker (Crock-Pot) Lamb - Greek style

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've stripped the meat off the remaining lamb shank.

Now, don't be appalled people, but my plan for the left over lamb tomorrow is to throw it, along with the remaining potatoes (chopped), into a frying pan and fry it all together in butter. I'll add a few peas and sliced green beans (and who knows, maybe even some carrots to pacify Pac! ;))

And I thought you were going to say Shepherds Pie ;)

I recently received a Berbere sample jar from Penzeys Spices. LOVE that stuff on chicken wings. Very nice flavor.
I noticed that Penzeys and Cavenders Greek seasoning is quite a bit different from each other. Noticeably, no lemon in the Cavenders.

Not to brag, but my personal Meyer lemon tree subsidizes the Cavenders spice.. I'll have to check out the Penzey's Greek Seasonings.....love Penzeys..

Well, it all went swimmingly well. The meat was literally falling off the bone and most of the fat had rendered down, so what was left was very tender lamb. The other good news is that I finally bought another bag of Desiree potatoes and these ones didn't have the black spots inside. :)

I don't know why I have made so little use of my slow cooker for all this time. It's a marvellous way of cooking.

Looks fabulous!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom