"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Lamb

Old 03-30-2005, 02:46 PM   #1
Head Chef

Steal this chefs macadamia lamb chop recipe

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6894493/

Old 03-30-2005, 04:07 PM   #2
Sous Chef

I must say I am a little mystified and sort of annoyed that you are posting all these links to msnbc...

can you not retype the recipe and post it here, if you think it is something that some of us would be interested in. why do I have to chase down another link? I come to this forum to get recipes not go haring off to another site...

If there is a concern about copyright, you could just retype your own version, change the order of the ingredients or change a word or two and no problem. (I am an intellectual property attorney by the way).

these posts: "Steal this..." sound to me like a little like spam, I mean it seems you start every post the same way and each one goes to another site...

Admittedly the link is to a bonafide recipe, okay, but it just sounds so insincere. I like to read recipes from real people who have real recipes to share. It makes the experience richer at least in my opinion. WHen someone posts a link with no commentary it is like I am getting something from a robot. Ugh.

thanx.

Old 03-30-2005, 05:40 PM   #3
Head Chef

I didn't mean to upset anybody by posting the links. I was just on the Today's show website and came accross some interesting recipes that I thought some people might like. I thought it was creative in how they told the story behind the chef that they got the recipe from. I found it to be a very reputable site otherwise I would not have posted it. I will not post any more of them if it bothers people, I was just trying to share what I found and the link directed you right to the recipe. I didn't think I needed to retype it.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:46 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Thanks abj. They look like good recipes to try out.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:18 AM   #5
Traveling Welcome Wagon

abj,

The recipes are definitely appreciated. If you could copy and paste them though, it would make it a little easier on everyone. It only takes a few seconds to do that. Please acknowledge where you found the recipes when you do that.
Thanks

Barbara
Old 03-31-2005, 01:21 AM   #6
Sous Chef

no big deal, I just dont know what to think sometimes.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:30 AM   #7
Head Chef

Not a problem. I will copy and paste it next time. It didn't even cross my mind to do that. It was a long day at work and my brain had pretty much shut down for the day.

Tags
None