Chef Tom Catherdall´s Roast Duck & Grand Marnier

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good Afternoon Charlie,

Certainly. There are two minor changes necessary to insure: tender juicy ducklings ... One is to eliminate the boiling step in the instructions. Another is to marinate the birds for 3 hours, to insure that they have the fragrant orange and spice perfume. And lastly, however, not least, is the covering of the birds which should be quartered for ease of handling ... I shall explain more about this method later or Tuesday. Due to the ducklings being skinless, we must remember to keep them real moist, and thus, the French Papiollte adopted by Scottish Chef Gordon Ramsey is a miracle worker !

I believe in this recipe, as it is truly elegant ...

I forgot to ask, When is the big bash ( dinner or lunch ) ?

Have a nice Monday.
Margi.

No big bash, but just waiting for this guy, who promissed the ducks, to slaughter them and clean. That is why they would be skinless, it is much easier to pull the whole skin rather than seat and pluck the feathers. Can't blame here for that.

Charlie,

Thanks for your note. I understand. The key as mentioned is to " keep the quartered ducklings moist " as they do NOT have skin which protects them ... Thus, roast covered or roast in Aluminum foil pouches ...

I do with chicken breast and it turns out lovely.

Have lovely day.
Margi.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom