Frog Legs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robin

Senior Cook
I'm not sure this is the right section so sorry mods if this is the wrong place. I have frog legs. How should I fix them? I was thinking of deep frying. Any good recipes? How do I know their done? I've never cooked them before.

What Selkie said, but remember that they are smaller and more tender and will cook more quickly.

I love fresh caught frog legs, but I have had them recently while out to dinner, and they tasted muddy and not too good. I think they are farm raised in Asia.

frog legs

The last time that I ate frog legs was back when I was a boy living in Michigan.

I've never seen frog legs on any restaurant menus. I'd love to try them again. :chef:

I have not had in awhile as well. We had a New Orleans themed restaurant and I had them there before it went out of business back home in TN. They taste just like chicken and I would say like everyone else has said and fry them just like they are only not very long.

sorry if this question is a tiny bit off topic, but is it true that raw frog legs will move and twitch if you salt them? there is a youtube video that demonstrates this, and it seems real, but you never know....creepy stuff

We see frog's legs in the store here now and then. Farm raised but they are good sized. We roll 'em in seasoned flour and fry 'em in a skillet. They don't take long to cook. 'Course, Mrs Hoot looks at me sideways and always says "No, thank you" when I offer to let her cook 'em. I don't know about salt making them move but they sure do twitch in the pan.

Back
Top Bottom