Venison Jerky Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tinasjerky

Assistant Cook
Hello, I'm new here!

We are preparing for Deer season here in SC Texas (actually it's already bow season). I just wanted to share with you my favorite Jerky seasonings/preparation.

Place stips of meat into large bowl. For around 2 pounds of meat, you'll add:

1 tbls liquid smoke
1 tbls soy sauce
1 tsp worchesteshire sauce
1 tbls dried oregano
1/2 tsp powder dried garlic
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Hand toss until well coated. You can start the drying process right away, but it's best if you can let this marinate for at least an hour.

Take Care!
Tina

Sounds good!!
DH doesn't go hunting anymore, so, I don't get my backstrap anymore :eek:)
He would, if he had a lease to go to.
Have fun with your deer meat :eek:)

thanks texasgirl

Sorry I'd offer to share, but it's usually gone before it hits the plate around here!

Tina

tinasjerky said:
We are preparing for Deer season here in SC Texas (actually it's already bow season).

trust me, deer tastes far better than bows. :rolleyes:

your recipe is very close to my beef jerky recipe, tina. i don't add the smoke, and i put in onion powder, and freshly ground cumin instead of chilli powder.
if i want to get a little adventurous, i add dried habanero flakes.

texas girl, you dry the backstraps?????? but, but, that's the tastiest part. you could eat it raw it's so good. (i have).

Thanks Tina. My hubby is going out again this weekend trying to shoot something for dinner. I think deer season is over and elk is starting.
All game recipes are needed. Someday he's going to get something...lol

buckytom said:
trust me, deer tastes far better than bows.
Ha ha!!:LOL:

i want to get a little adventurous, i add dried habanero flakes.
whoa!!!

texas girl, you dry the backstraps?????? but, but, that's the tastiest part. you could eat it raw it's so good. (i have).
:sick:

blech.... Are you part Indian?? I've read of tribes that it is a great honor to kill the animal and then eat the heart while it is still warm and steaming in the cold weather... :mrgreen:

PS... I've used onion powder too; for some reason I'm always out....

Tina

nope, but i like to play cowboys and indians with my wife.
ok, better stop there... :)

i'm not big on raw organs, but raw meat is mighty tasty. not just in fish either. i did take a bite out of a deer liver once, on a dare (after lots of beer and tequila), but it was too nasty.

pdswife said:
Thanks Tina. My hubby is going out again this weekend trying to shoot something for dinner. I think deer season is over and elk is starting.
All game recipes are needed. Someday he's going to get something...lol

I wish him luck. I've had elk once a long long while ago but can't remember what it tasted like.... I'm sure it wasn't chicken...

Tina

buckytom said:
nope, but i like to play cowboys and indians with my wife.
ok, better stop there... :)

i'm not big on raw organs, but raw meat is mighty tasty. not just in fish either. i did take a bite out of a deer liver once, on a dare (after lots of beer and tequila), but it was too nasty.
yep, that tequila can get you every time. I heard a joke on the radio the other day.... something like "I dreamed that I was drinking the worlds largest margarita, when I woke up I found a salt line around the toilet bowl! Good thing I didn't eat the worm!!":ROFLMAO:

My hubby tasted raw carp after one to many on a night of camping at the river. Personally carp is not very appetizing cooked, so I can't imagine what it must taste like raw.

Back
Top Bottom