Venison marinated in milk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
I tried something new (to me) and soaked some venison loins in milk all day yesterday, because Kim was going to cook it on the grill last night. But he sprained his ankle pretty badly at work yesterday, and we ended up eating leftover gumbo.
The venison has now been soaking over 24 hours...I hope that hasn't ruined it.
I guess I'm just going to put it in the crockpot, unless someone has a better, easy idea.

Loin--in a crockpot!! Say it isn't so. Take it out of the marinade, pat dry, maybe marinate in some teriyaki, sear, and finish roasting in a 425* oven. It will be as delicious as any tenderloin you will ever have. Make a mushroom and onion ragout to serve it with.
LOINS are tender and delicious. Serve rare to medium!!!!
OR, you can slice into medallions, flour, sear, and make a gravy to serve over them.
Don't overcook. They will be tough and dry because they are so lean.

I know that's awful, Gretchen, but while the spirit is willing, the flesh is weak. I had to do something really easy today...my husband and I are both stove-up.

I cut the loins into serving size, put in crock-pot, seasoned them with dry Italian dressing mix, poured a can of crushed tomatoes over the top, and topped with a little sliced onion. As soon as they're tender, I'll turn off the heat.
A friend came over for supper, and she's going to make her green bean casserole and fix mashed potatoes. After she got here, she said she could have seared the meat for me...next time, we'll do that.

Back
Top Bottom