Venison ( or beef) scallops in Marsala sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdswife

Chef Extraordinaire
1 -1 1/2 pounds venison medallion sliced 3/8 inch thick
and then gently pounded to 1/4 inch thickness

salt and pepper to taste

small amount of flour

2 TBS butter

3 TBS EVOO

1/2 cup Red wine or Marsala

1/2 cup beef broth

2 TBS Butter

Season the meat with salt and pepper and then lightly dust with the flour.

Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and the olive oil in a frying pan. Add the meat.
Brown on both sides for two minutes each. Then remove from the pan.

Pour off most of the juices. Add the wine and 1/4 cup of the beef broth. Boil for 1-2 minutes.. Be sure to scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Return the meat to the ban and cover. Simmer over very low heat for 5 minutes. Baste meat every so often.

Remove meat and add two tablespoons of butter to sauce. Mix well and pour over meat.

OH YUMMMY!!!!!:) :)

That's a wonderful recipe...thank you, Pdswife! We eat a lot of venison, and I am always needing a new way to fix it. We love Chicken Marsala, so this has got to be good!
Question: Do you use sweet or dry Marsala? My husband favors the sweet Marsala for drinking. He prefers sweet everything...probably why he married me. :LOL:

mudbug said:
I think you should try bear scallops, Trish.

Didn't I tell you... the butcher screwed up our order and ground almost all our bear meat!!! We are so mad!!!! We will NOT be going back there again.

We have two small packages of bear steaks
and I think two small chops. A few packages of ground meat and the rest we traded for venison sausage and peperonii. :(

Constance said:
That's a wonderful recipe...thank you, Pdswife! We eat a lot of venison, and I am always needing a new way to fix it. We love Chicken Marsala, so this has got to be good!
Question: Do you use sweet or dry Marsala? My husband favors the sweet Marsala for drinking. He prefers sweet everything...probably why he married me. :LOL:

We didn't have any Marsala on hand so I just used red wine.
It was still very very very good!:)

pdswife said:
Didn't I tell you... the butcher screwed up our order and ground almost all our bear meat!!! We are so mad!!!! We will NOT be going back there again.

We have two small packages of bear steaks
and I think two small chops. A few packages of ground meat and the rest we traded for venison sausage and peperonii. :(

Bearburgers and bear chili into eternity? My sympathies, pds.

mudbug said:
Bearburgers and bear chili into eternity? My sympathies, pds.

oh well... at least
we had the experience. And there's always next year.:)

Back
Top Bottom