What to cook with venison sausage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
what to cook with? it's loose, otherwise i'd add peppers & onions & tomato for sammiches.
i could make a spicy sloppy deer (sloppy joe).

Breakfast sausage. As part of a meat loaf. As a chili ingredient. You idea sounds good..."Sloppy Deer"......A sausage Taco....Be creative! Ooooo! Sausage gravy over biscuits!!!
One more.....Sausage Balls!!

Anything you would use "regular" sausage for.
Is it breakfast sausage, hot sausage......? How is it seasoned? That will determine how you use it.

It is seasoned "sweet" then. Very versatile, at least for me, because I don't like hot sausage for breakfast sausage.
I like adding loose sausage to meat sauce for spaghetti, but typically use hot here, but sweet would work.

Mix with rice and tomato and stuff into green peppers or zuchinni boats? ~Bliss

You could always do cheeseburgers (pepperjack or extra sharp) or stuffed peppers.

what to cook with? it's loose, otherwise i'd add peppers & onions & tomato for sammiches.

Hi Luvs,
Serve on a bed of pommes purée with an onion marmalade flavoured with Calvados and balsamic vinegar and garnished with 1/4 apples sautéed in butter -

Or an bed of celeriac and potato purée with a shallot, thyme and sherry vinegar sauce -

Or on a tower of Westphalian potatoes layered with grated beetroot with a venison and balckberry "jus" -

Or - bangers (venison sausages) and hash browns, fried eggs and home-made slow-cooked baked treacle beans.

Archiduc

If by "it's loose" you mean bulk (like hamburger) you can shape it into links like a skinless sausage (hotdog) and go with your idea of adding peppers, onions and tomatoes to make a sausage sandwich.

You could also shape into a sausage, wrap with a slice of bacon, and bake at about 350ºF until done.

As others have noted - you can use it like hamburger depending on how it is spiced. A venison sausage cottage pie would be good ... you could also make jerky from it.

Last edited:
thanks, guys! i've enough to try probably most of these since i cook fer 2 of us instead of more- we need a few more pounds, maybe. thanks again,
-luvs

Back
Top Bottom