anyone know boat motors??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
I need help!!! We can't take our boat out this weekend because it needs a water pump. DH knows how to do it, but, doesn't know where it's located on this type of motor and he doesn't want to just start taking it apart without knowing where it is located.
We ordered a manual (we bought it used) but it won't be in until next week:(

I WANNA GO FISHING:wacko:

water pump is almost always on lower end of motor on a outboard it sucks water in off the back lower plane. inboard or outboard they all are a little different. if you have a library or a parts store they should be able to tell you.

Hi! This is crewsk's hubby.The water pump on the motors are located on the lower end of the motor.To get to it you have to take the foot of the motor off which should be held on by 2 bolts.Make sure that the throtle is in the nutural position or it will be a pain to get the foot back on.Also don't mess with anything after you take the foot off or the drive shaft want line back up correctly.If you didn't buy new gaskets with the pump be careful not to tear the one that is already there and also make sure you get all of the old pieces of the water pump out so that the water can pump thru good.If the water pump stopped working a while back or if the boat has been sitting a while there may not be much of a pump left.If you have any questions let me know and i will answer what i can or ask a buddy of mine that works on boats a lot.

I don't know squat about boat motors. However, have you tried to see if the company has a website, with manuals for the motors in an easily downloadable .pdf format?

I have looked on the website, Allen, it's foriegn :eek:) not to me, but, REALLY foriegn.

Crewsk hubby, thank you so much, the pump just started going out Sunday. We noticed that after being in the lake for about 3 hours, when he started the motor, the water wasn' coming out, it finally did about 30 - 45 seconds after driving slow.
I found a website that shows the diagram with my serial and model number. Hopefully, we'll be able to figure it out with that and your information. If we run into a snag, I'll just ran back in here and holler....CREWSK :eek:)

Thank you everyone. Now let's see if we can get this done without turning the rod or messing anything up, keep your fingers crossed.

crewsk said:
How's the water pump coming texasgirl? Hubby said you're welcome! He's kinda handy to have around sometimes!!:LOL:

We're getting the pump today, so , we'll see. I hate to go protest my property taxes this morning, or we would have already gotten it. Good thing though, they had our description wrong and it brought our appraisal down, $47,000. Luckily our taxes will come down too:)

Back
Top Bottom