Are you going on a vacation this summer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Where are you going on your summer vacation?

• I'm going to a different country! (Hope I know how to speak the language!)

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • I'm going out of the State or Province.

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • I'm staying within the state, but it's quite far

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I'm going to my relative's city for a great family time!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wooo Wooo...I'm taking the train!

• I'm leaving on a jet plane......

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I'm traveling by car, so I'll probably see some really great stuff along the way!

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Get out the lifevests, I'm taking a cruise!

• I'm abitious, and am bicycling through quite a bit of land.

• Vacation? What's that?

Votes: 15 57.7%

• Total voters
I already went on vacation for the year. If I do go again though, it will most likely be in September or October. I never travel during the designated "travel seasons". It's too much of a circus wherever you go.

Summertime is not a good time for me to take time off due to my job. So, like GB I will use my 5 weeks of vacation during the Fall or Winter. I am planning to take a week and go to the California coast in October. In September, I will spend a weekend at the Reno Championship Air Races. Next April several friends and I are planning to go to a weekend of NASCAR races in Las Vegas. My parents are planning on moving to a warmer climate. So, next winter I may be visiting them where ever they end up.

pds -- have my fingers crossed. Security is tantamount. mudbug -- sincere hopes that your visit with your husband's friend is a great one. Should he not survive it will be a comfort to all that you had one last great time together. Hubby and I had a group of rather premature deaths of our friends (cancer, sudden heart attack in people in their 50s and 60s) and get great joy (as do their families) from the fact that we have great memories of great times together. On the other hand, having a great time could give him a morale boost that keeps him going. It's a win-win situation when you look at it that way.

middie said:
i WAS going to go to pa to visit my mom. but she decided she was coming to ohio to see us that same week i had planned on going there.
:( I was hoping you'd make it to PA, middie! Next time!

I don't think we're doing anything this summer. Between DH just starting a new job and saving our pennies for when the baby comes this fall, I think we're just sticking close to home.

If people could trust each other like we should be able to. People could trade houses for a week or two and all it would cost is a plane ticket, food, and a little gas. People use to do this and maximize their money. Rich people still do this except with a contract now. :idea: :shock:

maidrite, i'll swap my house with yours for a week. you can go see nyc and the jersey shore, and i can get the **** out of here for a week. :wacko:

(oh, btw, you'll have to feed 2 birds and 5 cats, and the pool is only 50 inches across, and 1 foot deep. the good part is you can pee in it if you want. my son does all the time :) )

our vacation plans aren't all that exciting. we are going to my parents "down the shore" a few weekends, and to my sister's summer house in maryland, and i hope to get in a canoe trip on the delaware sans wife and kid.
hopefully we will go out to so. cal to visit friends there, but probably not until september.

I'd be glad to let someone have my house as long as they promise to finish packing it(all that's left is the bathroom, kitchen, laundry room, & garage) & move everything to the new house & unpack that while they're there!:rolleyes:

Yeah really! I just can't find anything! Iwas looking for my shorts today & realized that hubby had moved the dresser to the den & the drawers are facing the back of the chest of drawers & I can't get to them!:censored:

BuckyTom I will ask Barbara but we also have animals to feed about 27 and counting cats and 1 mean dog! I would love to see NYC and Jersey never been there.
When I left Iowa to Protect Barbara here in South Carolina I had never been farther east than about 100 miles into Ill. so when I go Big I go Big ! But that is another story!
We have a Blow up pool that might be nice if we ever get it outside and its never had lemonaid in it! :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :rolleyes:

Maidrite said:
BuckyTom I will ask Barbara but we also have animals to feed about 27 and counting cats and 1 mean dog!
About 10 cats (until Marge and Chicky have their babies soon) and a SWEET dog! I'm telling Duncan what you said! Bad Daddy!
e.jpg

:) Barbara

middie said:
first house i'm going to is wasabi's. gotta get my trip to hawaii somehow lol

crewsk and middie, I'll get my condo ready for ya.:D

Back
Top Bottom