"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat
Old 04-02-2005, 05:29 PM   #1
Executive Chef
Baby Seals

Here we go again! Animal Rights are up in arms again trying to prevent the Canadians from slaughtering the seals. They aren't even two weeks old and they skin them alive? This has been going on for so long. Guess the poor seals will never learn to try to retaliate against the humans. Why do we always have to try to ruin something so precious and new life? Seems no one cares about young life in any form? People just want to be in control of everything. I hope some way they will one day understand what they are doing. They only want the fur. I don't think they use them for food. Sorry but this upsets nme

Old 04-02-2005, 07:28 PM   #2
ITK, this upsets anyone with a heart. There are so many things in the world that are without some kind of reason. I am sure if you were to ask the folks who are doing it (who incidentally are likely Inuit) they would come up with a plausible reason. I assure you that not ALL Canadians are out there bashing seals. There is a very loud and powerful contingent of folk out there working to stop that very thing.

Sweet lady, why do you read about all the horrors mankind wreaks upon the world and each other? Your heart is so big and kind that you feel these things deeply. You need to make a conscious effort to stop yourself from reading the things that upset you. There are many wonderful and heartwarming stories of kindness to read everyday.

As the wife of a man who works in the media let me share with you something that he told me. What you read or hear is only about 1/10 of the information a reporter has. They simply cannot fit all the information they have into a 30 second spot on the radio or TV. So as a result, often only the most sensational pieces of information are aired. The whole story is often much more complex.

I know what I have said sounds trite, but you really must try dear lady. I always feel for you and how upset you are when you read these things. A big virtual hug to you ITK.

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Old 04-02-2005, 08:45 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via Yahoo to middie
itk i agree. how can anyone club them they're too cute. and all for fur??? gimme a break.