Bill Would Ban Chemical That Could Hide License Plate Numbers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-DEADLY SUSHI-

Washing Up
CHICAGO -- State lawmakers have passed a measure that would ban a chemical spray that can hide license plate numbers from law enforcement cameras, NBC5 reported on Friday.

The Illinois Senate bill would revoke the license of anyone caught using the substance. Legislators said the clear spray could obstruct the state's tollway cameras, which are used to catch toll scofflaws.

It could also be used to foil cameras set up at Chicago intersections to catch people who run red lights. The measure still must be voted on in the House and signed by Gov. Rod Blagojevich before becoming law.

Good! Considering the law abiding citizens aren't the ones who would be purchasing such a thing in the first place!

LOL! What mad scientist came up with that chemical? I agree with jkath, it's a good idea to ban the substance but I wouldn't mind blowing through a tollway. The I-80 stretch in northern Ohio was supposed to become toll-free years ago but the politicians screwed that one up big time. Where's that spray? :evil:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom