"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat

Old 03-11-2005, 10:35 AM   #1
Executive Chef

Blessed

Yesterday I had so many errands to do since have one in rehab for broken shoulder, one who needs help with domestic work, and another who wants package picked up. As I started to drive away with so many things on my mind. I asked that He would give me directions on what to do first. The main thoroughfare is driven often to get to and from these places. As I drove back and forth over this street, when I wanted to go back the same way, police had it blocked off directing traffic opposite way I wanted to go. I thought maybe there was road construction. That evening I learned our fire chief who had just moved to another areas was driving to work at the firehouse. Some guy who had stolen some watches from Walgreens was driving 100 mi. hr. No control he swerved and killed the chief and the motor of the chief's car was laying in the street. This incident does make me thankful for taking time to ask for directions. I am shocked of how this happened. He was planning on retiring shortly and had bought different home to be able to go to a park nearby. If only people would be aware of all that happens around them. Just appreciating your daily life is so important. Once again He proved to me He is in control. I am sorry for the chief's family as he was highly thought of individual. Taking the time to recall this is my way of returning His love for me. Have a good day and always take time to ask for help. Thanks for your time.

Old 03-11-2005, 03:35 PM   #2
Executive Chef

Yes, In The Kitchen, we must remember to count our blessings every day.

Old 03-11-2005, 04:16 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi
Yes, In The Kitchen, we must remember to count our blessings every day.

Thanks, Wasabi. Happy you are not afraid to confirm my belief. It seems the good that you want to share is passed by. Why is that? People don't care to hear about good things always something that is shocking. Actually seeing the pictures of the accident only gave me pause to realize how fast things can change. I am sure you realize this Wasabi, as you confirmed my intent. Thanks for responding and may your days be blessed always.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:51 AM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

itk, sorry i missed this yesterday. you said a mouthful, umm, maybe a few mouthfuls. everything can just go away in an instant, so you'd better stop worrying about the small and selfish crap and appreciate what you have and those you love. when my son was real,ly sick last week, it made me think a lot about this.

oh, i'm sorry to hear about the chief. i'm sure he'll be rewarded in heaven.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.