"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat

Old 04-08-2005, 11:40 AM   #1
Executive Chef

Breakfast

Anyone drink beer for breakfast? Let me know how the rest of the day went? After they rode their bike for 20 miles came home and drank a beer. When they gave me one, hated to refuse. Today season opener for baseball and I guess they are anxious to have fun. This is NOT in my idea of having fun but I am not going. Seems I miss everything at times. Last year for the stadium as they have bigger and better for next year.

Old 04-08-2005, 12:15 PM   #2
Contest Winner

Smile

Rats I thought you were serving breakfast, I could use some LOL. I admit I like Baseball to but I don't need to drink for breakfast. Unless Milk is ok LOL

Old 04-08-2005, 09:57 PM   #3
Sous Chef

There have been a number of times I have had a Beer Breakfast, they generally follow a big night out, apart from on St. Paddy's day.

My college generally have what are called 'Recovery' days, always after a big night out like a Formal (5-6 hours all you can drink) then the following day, starting at about 9:30-10am we kick it all off again!

I only have a few years to murder my brain cells, got to make the most of it!
Old 04-09-2005, 02:25 PM   #4
Senior Cook

I don't like beer but whenever we were on vacation husband always had a beer for breakfast. Then he developed an allergy to it, gave him terrible headaches. I'm sorry about the headaches but not about him not drinking beer for breakfast.
Old 04-09-2005, 02:28 PM   #5
Contest Winner

Smile

I would be willing to start this but I have no beer at home .
Old 04-10-2005, 01:07 PM   #6
Master Chef

that would ruin my day. drinking in the morning just isn't necessary unless you want to pass out immediately.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:30 AM   #7
Executive Chef

Breakfast

Well, I drank it and now can say I did it! It never even affected me. I normally don't drink a lot. Only wine due to fact supposedly good for you. I thought I would feel sleepy or numb and don't know why nothing different. Sure didn't drink any liqour rest of day. Our team won the ballgame. Since they are tearing the stadium down, thankful it was a winner on the opening day. Thanks for the comments. No one told me not to do it and didn't make me feel ashamed. Strange, you get certain age and wonder how you still want to please your parent. Guess that is how life goes. Thankful I had the mother I did. Hope I can be as nonjudgemental as you all were. One of my weaknesses is wanting everyone to have high standard and keep it. I should only look at my own life and not worry about others.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:43 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Moved to chat area

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy